When it was time to cut and bale of hay, we contacted the daughter of his uncle (Janis Doss) and asked if we could borrow Press, 1968 (or earlier) version of the McCormick-International Harvester Press. Janis has graciously accepted. When we picked up, The Janis said he had only been a few years. His father has been dead for more than two years and had a limited capacity for several years before that. We were not discouraged. We have in our yard to check it.
Nobody knew who had spoken first in a packing plant, let alone how to prepare for the shot. I talked to the people of our Co-Op and found that the major problem was a baler knotter and needles. It would have been nice to know that the needle was. We blew the dust (and plenty of it) of the press. Our fear is that the dust may be all that holds it together. Tyres, after being pumped the air but it was a good start. It was determined that there were probably need greased. A friend who works with Pat said if we found fifty fat, it is likely that only half of them. With a pistol in hand, began to lubricate every connection I could find. I lifted the doors, hood, doors open, he felt through the holes, and I’ve found a lot of accessories.
We conducted an audit of the chain and they looked new. After much research, finally understood what the needles and the way the “thread” them. We went on eBay and bought a manual for a baler, even to the press we had, but similar. Unfortunately, the manual does not come until we needed.
We moved the tractor and the press in the shade of a tree, with a few bales of hay last year and started our tests. Will Bale? I saw the thread through the needle and tied it off as directed. I started the tractor and the press involved. It makes noise and stuff moved and shook and seemed to work. We cut the thread of our old balls and started to feed hay in the old press. The pick-up worked, the snail moved to slot manufacturer of hay bales, hay ram pushed back to equality mechanism, and finally it was time to bale tying. The chain broke. We stopped the press and the tractor and crawled under fire to re-thread the needle. This process was repeated several times, probably 10 to 20 times. Finally we got things to go better. At least, he started to tie knots almost every other one way or the other. Progress!
Pat’s father pushed for cutting hay, so Monday morning I took the tractor and the mower and began to cut the hay field of 10 acres. I had planned to cut about half of the field, but after the first semester so I decided to cut all that. I decided that the worst that can happen is that we need it round bales.
There is room, Tuesday, which raised nearly half the field to be ready for pressing. I had just finished sweeping when Pat came home to work. We decided it was time to find out if the press will work. The hay is dry, so we started the tractor, the press began to participate and the wind the first row. A nice and slow speed of the tractor RPM up, hay began to enter the press. I went down the stack, the first ball fell into the rear, a single string. I stopped, re-threading of the press and started again. The second ball is dropped, the other obligor. I re-vis the press. This continued for several rounds, and then Pat and I had to interview.
We changed the press over the shadows and tried to figure out what was our problem. Around the same time, we both blurted out that it could be a wire. He said he remembered his father always start a new year with new hay balers in the wire. Memory my friend speaks of ancient bond was not good, even if it looked good. This thread looked really good, but it was a press for more than five years or more. We call it a day. I went to the Co-Op next morning and bought a tie.
With the string new tires, I started the needles and the press. With an audience of the mother and the father of Pat, a cousin, I started down swath. With the amount (of 3) encourage me (while saying to each other: “It’s never going to work”), the first hay press has been falling (not related) and finally the first ball is down to the end of the press chamber, both parties equally. A success! I almost fell of the tractor when I saw that I had a ball bound. I continued on the next swath and the ball failed to bind, but then 10 or 15 in a row linked. The success was of goats have square bales of fescue, clover, and lespedeza. I went down several windrows and determined there should be more hay than I thought I needed to square bales.