Basic Tips for Car Care
Summary for Car Care
Every 2 weeks or 5,000km (which ever first)
· Check the (lubricant oil level) and its color.
· Check the coolant level. Fill it if needed.
· Check the windscreen liquid. Fill if needed.
Every month or 2,000km (which ever first)
· Check the tires and the air pressures.
· Check the transmission liquid level. Fill it if needed.
· Check the power steering liquid level. Fill it if needed.
· Check the battery water level. Fill it if needed.
· Apply wax to car body(to protect the paint)
· Ensure all lights are operating.
· Ensure no leaking at your parking space.
Every 3 month or 5,000km (which ever first)
· Check the auxiliary drive belts tension.
· Check the battery condition.
· Check hose.
· Check windscreen wiper.
· Check your exhaust system.
Every 6 month or 1,000km (which ever first)
· Change lubricant oil and oil filter (see car/owner’s manual)
· Check suspension (shock absorber)
· Do tire rotation and balancing.
· Tune the carburetor (for carburetor type car)
· Check the fuel filter.
· Change the windscreen wiper blade.
· Clean the air filter.
Every 1 year or 20,000km (which ever first)
· Flush radiator and change coolant
· Service air-con
· Change air filter.
· Check brake system including brake lining, rotor and drum.
· Check battery charge system.
· Do tire alignment
· Change fuel filter (for carburetor type car)
· Do chasis lubrication
· Tune up engine.
Every 2 year or 40,000km (which ever first)
· Change manual transmission liquid, filter and tank gasket.
· Change automatic transmission liquid, filter and tank gasket.
· Change fuel filter (for fuel injection type car)
· Change the gear liquid.
· Apply grease to wheel bearing
· Lubricate all joints and master key
· Change the brake liquid.
· Change spark plug and PC valve.
Every 3 years or 60,000km (which ever first)
· Check and test the ignition wires(change if needed)
· Check the engine cooling system and the hose(change if needed)
· Check the tension and the timing belt condition.
· Change battery (if needed)
Every 5 years or 100,000km (which ever first)
· Change timing belt and auxiliary drive belts
The above tips are your guide for car care if you drive normally. For hardcore driving requires much more care. Stay tune for more guides in the future. Drive safe and maintain you car.