The evidence suggests that some of you there are always start the day with empty stomach. There are claims of not having enough time for breakfast, some are thinking that breakfast habits will only make the body fat.
Those who think that breakfast is important precisely wrong. Research at Harvard University in the U.S. showed that people who regularly eat breakfast have a tendency to 50 percent were not overweight than those who skip breakfast.
Well, so you better understand its benefits, the following is an explanation of why breakfast is good for the body and gives tips on how to make it as a lifestyle:
1. Breakfast can meet the required nutrients.
Delaying breakfast makes it difficult to obtain intake of nutrients and vitamins that are recommended. A breakfast such as cereal with low fat milk or yogurt with granola plus will provide enough calcium and fiber.
2. Breakfast can lose weight.
When you move an empty stomach, your body will burn calories slower. According to nutrition expert author of The F-Factor Diet Tanya Zuckerbrot, RD, breakfast the morning after a night on an empty stomach can increase metabolism, which means burning calories throughout the day becomes more efficient. But Zuckerbrot stressed that the key of all is the food you consume. Foods containing simple carbohydrates such as donuts will make glucose soar, then fall dramatically. It also causes you to feel hungry at 11’s.
A better way is to eat a type of complex carbohydrate such as oatmeal or whole-grain bread. Foods with high fiber content and low in sugar are digested slowly, providing constant energy and makes you not feel hungry fast.
3. Breakfast boost brainpower.
Research experts from the University of Wales Swansea proven that students who always have breakfast on average score 22 percent higher than peers who skipped breakfast. When you wake in the morning, most of the energy – in the form of glucose and glycogen – have all gone by the activities of the previous day. According to experts, glucose is the only fuel the brain needs. Without enough glucose, you feel tired and dizzy.
4. Protection against heart disease.
Research shows that healthy women who skipped breakfast for two weeks had higher levels of bad LDL cholesterol higher than those who ate a bowl of cereal plus milk in the morning.
Zuckerbrot explains, fiber can bind cholesterol and accelerate eksresinya before reaching the arteries. Hence also, 10-year study conducted at Harvard Nurses Health concluded that high fiber intake is associated with decreased risk of heart disease until it reaches 50 percent.
Healthy breakfast tips:
1. Breakfast should contain at least 5 grams of fiber, a dish of calcium (equivalent to a glass of milk or yogurt) plus protein and fat. Limit your sugar intake to 6 grams (one teaspoon equals 4 grams).
2. If there is no breakfast time at home, you can bring sandwiches and milk to be enjoyed on the trip or after arriving at work.
3. Eggs dalah foodstuffs are relatively practical and easy to prepare. The content of nutrients in eggs of vitamins A, B2, B6, B12, iron, potassium, calcium, and other substances, our bodies need.
4. So varied, we should eat fruit favorites to the needs of vitamins for the body. If there is time in the evening, blenderlah mixed fruit yogurt or milk and keep it in the refrigerator to be consumed in the morning.
5. If you always do not feel hungry in the morning, Zuckerbrot recommends that you stop eating after 20:00 at night. In two or three weeks ahead, the biological clock will change your appetite. Every morning wake up, you will feel hungry.