There are different types of headaches with different levels. But one thing in common is a headache coming make any form of activity becomes disturbed.
Headache is a symptom of a number of physical and mental imbalance. Most of us usually take anti-pain medication to ease it. In fact, there are actually alternatives to drugs that can help with headaches. Some foods and liquids is believed to help expel the pain in the head. Here are eight of them:
1. Potatoes: Headaches that arise due to drunk not only caused by dehydration but also because of the loss of electrolytes such as potassium. Therefore, eating foods rich in potassium may help relieve headaches. Potatoes contain lots of potassium that is 100 grams, while the baked potato (with skin) contains up to 600 mg potassium.
2. Bananas: Bananas are not only rich in potassium but also magnesium (medium-size banana contains 10% of your daily intake recommendation). Magnesium can relieve your migraines and headaches caused by stress. Numerous studies have linked between magnesium deficiency and migraine headaches. Research shows that about half of all migraine sufferers have ionized magnesium in the blood in small amounts.
Magnesium, which was conceived in bananas, protecting the body from headaches by relaxing the blood vessels. In addition, magnesium has a calming effect so it is useful to relieve tension headaches. Dried apricot, avocado, almonds, cashews, brown rice, nuts and seeds merupkan other foods rich in magnesium.
3. Coffee: Caffeine in coffee is useful as it is dangerous for the victims of a headache. Caffeine is a substance common in recipes and medicines are free for headaches because it can relieve pain and 40% more effective in treating headaches. Caffeine also helps the body absorb headache medications more quickly, making the drug work faster. Caffeine can be a headache reliever that is very effective, especially migraine, but if taken too much can make headaches recur. So, it is recommended remedy drink coffee no more than 2 or 3 cups per day.
4. Cereal grains (whole grains): If your low-carb diet, you will begin to drain the main source of energy for the brain, the glycogen reserves. It also makes the body lose fluids quickly leading to dehydration. Dehydration in conjunction with the reduced energy to the brain can lead to headaches. If you eat foods such as healthy carbohydrates (whole grains such as wheat breads, wheat cereals, oatmeal, and fruit), not only can drive head pain but also improve your mood.
5. Watermelon: Dehydration is a common cause of headaches, then consider mengasup drink plenty of water and water-rich foods (like watermelon). Fruits are rich in water also contains important minerals, like magnesium, which is key to preventing headaches. You can also try a sports drink berelektrolit if you may get headaches after exercising for a long time since losing a lot of minerals in the body.
6. Fish: Fatty fish (like salmon, tuna, and mackerel) is useful as a drug for migraine headache because it is rich in essential fatty acids, omega-3. Omega-3 fatty acids can inhibit the inflammation that often trigger the onset of migraine. If you can not eat fish every day, not to worry. You can take fish oil supplements and adding foods like flaxseed, walnuts, tofu, and soybeans to supplement omega-3 in your diet.
7. Sesame Seeds: Sesame seeds are rich in vitamin E and can help stabilize estrogen levels and prevent migraines during your period. In addition, sesame seeds are also rich in magnesium, which in turn will help prevent headaches. Other foods that contain high amounts of vitamin E, among others, beans, olive oil, dandelion, wheat, and sweet potatoes.
8. Ginger: In addition to being a cure for nausea, ginger has anti-inflammatory and anti-histamine is also useful to combat headaches. Cook ginger or combine with other beverages such as tea.