Ingredients you require for the perfect Pina Colada
- 90ml Light Rum
- 3 tablespoons of Coconut Milk
- 3 tablespoons Pineapple Juice
- 2 cups of Crushed ice
Place the Rum, Coconut Milk and Pineapple Juice into a blender and add 2 cups of crushed ice. Blend well for a short length of time. Strain the ingredients into a chilled tall glass or Collins glass and serve with a straw and cocktail decorations or fruit such as a pineapple wedge
Serve immediately for you and your guests to enjoy and taste the sensational mix of these ingredients.
You are now ready to sit back by, relax and enjoy this magnificent cocktail!
Interesting facts about the Pina Colada
- The Pina Colada is known as the official cocktail of Puerto Rico and now is enjoyed worldwide
- The Pina Colada was first written up in the New York Times on April the 16th in 1950
- The famous Puerto Rican pirate Roberto Cofresi Ramirez de Arellano in the 1820’s is thought to be the original creator of the Pina Colada. However the receipe was lost after his death in 1825 so these claims cannot be substantiated
- The history of the original creator of the Pina Colada is unclear as there are many claims from Barmen in Puerto that they were the original creator of this cocktail
- Vodka may be substituted for the rum
- There are some speculations that the Pina Colada was actually not made in Puerto Rico at all but was created many years before in cuba
If you enjoyed this search under “cjclncma” for all my receipes and poems