Breakups are never easy to deal with, especially if this is the first time. Relationships can be difficult at best because we are all so very different as individuals. This is not our fault. We are just wired that way and it is a good thing. If everyone was the same this would be a boring world indeed.
Also, there is no instruction manual that we can refer to when going through a breakup that tells us exactly what to do. We are left to our own devises and just trying different things in the hopes that they will work. When things don’t work out we are left feeling frustrated and depressed. This kind of frustration causes many people to just give up and try to move on with their lives, not knowing that if they had followed a few simple steps they could have very easily saved their relationship. If you want to get your ex boyfriend back there are five easy steps you can take to accomplish this.
1. The first thing you can do to get your ex boyfriend back is to get control of yourself. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and get up and take action to get him back. Feeling sorry for yourself is very self-destructive and will only lead to depression. Understand that just because you broke up that doesn’t mean the relationship is over. And it doesn’t mean that your life is over either.
2. Relationships change. Accept that your relationship has changed. This is normal. All relationships go through change all the time. Accept the fact that your relationship in its previous form is over. This can be a very good thing. Don’t keep dwelling on the past.
Live and love in the now. Pay attention to what is happening now. No relationship is perfect no matter how great it is. Look at ways you and your ex boyfriend can reconcile and repair your relationship, moving on from where you are now, forgiving and forgetting about the past.
3. Limit your communication and contact with your ex boyfriend. Stop calling, emailing, texting and following him around. Back off for a little while. Take some time for yourself and give him time for himself. Giving each other some space will allow you the time to get to know yourself again, apart from the other person. Guys hate to be pressured and if you’re constantly crowding him it will only drive him farther away. When he doesn’t see or hear from you in a while it will give him the opportunity to really miss you.
4. Make yourself more desirable. In other words, start to “fix yourself up a bit”. Get new clothes, use makeup, get your hair done. Start working out and getting in shape if you need to. Start taking care of yourself. All these things will make you feel really good about yourself on the inside and this will show through on the outside. If you feel good about yourself you will be confident and happy and this will make you more attractive not only to your ex but also to other men.
5. Don’t rush into things. If after a while you and your ex decide to get together to talk about your relationship, don’t rush into it. Take your time. Don’t appear desperate or over-eager. Let him see that you are doing fine without him.
When he sees how great you look he will want you even more. Limit your physical contact with him. Touch his hand or cheek but no more. This will drive a guy crazy. Guys want what they can’t have.
But if you really want to get your ex boyfriend back, don’t push things too far. You have to know when it is time to seriously consider taking him back and starting over. Following these 5 easy steps will help you to do that.