Apollo Hospitals Enterprise held its 30th Annual General Meeting (AGM) on 22nd July 2011 at Chennai. The company’s Chairman Dr Prathap C Reddy, chaired the meet. The key takeaways are as follows.
- India’s under penetrated healthcare market and favourable changes in demographics are expected to give huge opportunity to the Company in future. Further, rising incidence of lifestyle diseases, improving healthcare insurance penetration and increasing medical tourism are expected to drive demand for the industry.
- The company posted robust 29% growth in Net sales to Rs. 2605.35 crore for the year ended March 2011. Operating profit margins expanded by 120 basis points to 16.1% resulting in 39% increase in operating profit to Rs. 418.85 crore.
- On standalone basis, Net sales grew by 28% to Rs. 2331.96 crore for the year ended March 2011. Operating profit margins are expanded by 80 basis points to 16.2% resulting operating profit grew by 34% to Rs. 376.95 crore.
- The standalone Pharmacies revenues were higher by 36% to Rs. 661.4 crore for the year ended March 2011. Further, it has 1199 operational stores in its net work as on March 31, 2011
- The Standalone pharmacies reported a positive EBITDA for the last two quarters in the FY’11, on the back of growth in revenue per store on a like-for-like basis and improvement in first year store performance due to better ramp up and lower losses
- It has given dividend of Rs. 3.75 per equity share, 75% on face value of Rs. 5 per share for the year ended March 2011, compared to Rs. 7 per equity share (70%) on face value of Rs. 10 each in previous year.
- It has started first dedicated Bone marrow Transplant unit in Eastern India in the year ended March 2011. In addition, it has come up with the unique mobile healthcare solution with Aircel (m-health) to bringing South Asia’s first of full-field mammography system in India.
- The seven hospitals located at Chennai, Hyderabad, Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore, Ludhiana and Dhaka got accreditation from the US based JCI (Joint Commission International).
- It has added over 700 beds in the last 15 months at its hospitals in Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad, Karaikudi, Lavasa & Secunderabad. Interestingly, It has 54 hospitals with total bed capacity of 8717 beds as on March 31st 2011. Further, The Company Plans to add 2418 owned beds by FY’14.
- The company conducted its 1,000th tissue transfer surgeries in April 2011. Also, It has performed more than 775 solid organ transplants for the year 2010, making it one of the World’s busiest Liver Transplant Center’s.
- It’s Billion Hearts Beating Campaign (BHB) having made a pledge for a better lifestyle continued to win accolades as it was adjudged the winner in the Corporate Social Responsibility Practice category, at the 5th Indy’s Awards 2011.
- It has instituted ACE@25 a clinical a clinical balanced scorecard institutionalized in its hospitals to constantly measure and improve our performance across numerous parameters.
- It has started new cancer treatment facility at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Delhi comprising the Novalis Tx and a Bone Marrow Transplant Unit in the FY’11