Social networking through facebook, twitter and the newly introduced Google+ has become a good pass time for most of the people. But still i feel that these sites have started to become boring now. Everyday you login to your facebook account with the thinking that you will see some different from what you saw yesterday, but it looks the same. Same set of friends to talk to, same applications and similar kind of news and updates.
So facebook no more excites me now. Games are the best way i keep myself entertained and remember i don’t like watching people playing. Recently during the last months i have downloaded mission games of about 22 GB and completed all of them. Max Payne-II, Call Of Duty-Black Hawks and the latest version also(Call Of Duty-4).
After completing all of these missions i thought of writing about the best games of this year. Though some games will be released by the end of this year i will be providing the list only of the currently released games. Now lets begin with the first game of 2011 in the top 10 category.
1. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (PC): Witcher 2 is a fantasy role-playing game based on the works of author Andrzej Sapkowski. Developed by the polish studio CD Projekt RED for both windows as well as Xbox 360 it is a sequel of the 2007 released video game The Witcher.
2. Shogun 2: The Total War: Released on March 15th 2011, is a computer based strategy game developed by The Creative Assembly. 10 years after the release of the the original version of Shogun, this Japan made product now has better online gameplay with some addition of new features.
3. Dirt 3: Interested in rally racing? then this one is for you. Developed by codemasters this is the third one in the Dirt series of the Colin McRae rally series. Being a fan of racing games i loved the previous released of this version. The trailer seems to be very good.
4. Terraria: Terraria is an adventurous game developed by the independent game studio Re-Logic. The game has estimated a selling of more than 40000 copies on its day of release 16th May, 2011. It features exploration, crafting, building structures and combat.
5. Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood: Developed by Ubisoft for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows and Mac OS is an action packed adventurous game. Game features the return of Ezio as he struggles against the Templar order. This is the third major release in the Creed series and a second opening in the Ezio triology.
6. Dead Space 2: Published by EA Games, this is a horror third person shooting video game for windows, playstation 3 and Xbox 360. Multiplayer mode is an addition from the last release Dead Space.
7. WarHammer 40,000: Dawn Of War II-Retribution: Started as a sequel of Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War, this is the second part of the previous released version of Warhammer: Dawn Of War-II. Developed by Relic Entertainment the game works on Microsoft windows platform with single player and multiplayer modes.
8. Men Of War: Assault Squad: This is a real time strategy game developed by DigitalMindSoft. Released on 25th Feb, 2011 the game requires Microsoft Windows platform and has a single, multiplayer as well as a co-operative mode.
9. Portal 2: Developed by Valve corporation, this is a science fiction game having single player as well as co-operative mode. Released on 21st April world wide, the game relies on solving puzzles. It has been launched for Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 as well as Mac OS.
10. Anomaly:Warzone Earth: This is a strategy game developed by 11-bit studios. Players here control a convoy of vehicles investigating anomalies. Game has been released for Windows, Mac Os X and iOS platforms.