When I was young, one of my teachers has an fold or wrinkles between her foreheads. This makes her look angry to me. So, that scares me away from her and affected my knowledge of the subject. It was later in life I got to know she had frown lines.
Do you have frown lines?
Do people tell you to cheer up even when you are happy?
Then it probably means you have frown lines.
Don’t worry. I have highlighted below some useful ways to get rid of frown lines.
What are frown lines?
Frown lines are facial wrinkles found in between the eyebrows on the face.
What are the causes of frown lines?
Causes of frown lines include:
- Exposure to sunlight: Sunlight no doubt is one of the major causes of frown lines. Exposing yourself to the glaring sunlight causes frown lines on your skin in the long run.
- Reduction in the production of collagen and elastin in the body as a result of several factors such smoking, as one grow older, etc.
- Excessive frowning: Too much frowning is also known to cause frown lines to develop on the forehead. We sometimes involve in activities that causes us to frown such as operating the computer.
- Natural aging process,
- Smoking, which is known to reduce the production of collagen and elastin, a protein responsible for bringing our skin together.
You can see post on what causes frown lines?
How you can prevent frown lines?
Prevention definitely is the key to stop frown lines from appearing on your face.
To prevent frown lines, here is what to do:
- You have to wear sunscreen when leaving the house no matter the weather.
- Stop excessive frowning,
- Make use of anti-aging creams,
- Having adequate sleep,
- Drink plenty of water, etc.
I wrote a post on 5 easy ways to prevent and reduce frown lines. Read it, it will help a lot. As the saying goes, “prevention is better than cure”.
Best treatment for frown lines.
There are different ways to treat frown lines. But, the most popular, non-surgical treatment for frown lines are botox and fillers.
Botox is injected directly in the affected area to relax or paralyze the muscles that causes frown lines. Thus, making the muscles to be temporarily inactive.
Fillers can also treat frown lines. Fillers are different from botox but it can be used to supplement botox treatment in some cases juveder, restylane, collagen are all examples of fillers that can be used to treat frown lines.
Surgical treatment such as forehead lift which is used to treat forehead wrinkles is also effective in the treatment of frown lines.
Feel free to share your opinion on the above topic.