Contradictions, confusion, confusion in society, moral contradictions, post modern confusion, post modern contradictions. The Modern Age has come to an end and men are no longer convinced that rationalism will bring them all the answers to life’s unanswered questions.
The post-modern age is a rebellion against rationalism and it is characterized by the idea that some things cannot be known because of the absence of absolutes. So, truth becomes shady, what’s right for one may not be right for another. There are no truths, there is no source for truth and the guy who said “I am the truth, the way and the life…”, well, he was likely just another man, another prophet. Some believe in him, others don’t. Whatever.
Because our society has turned its back on the Source of Truth and because we are no longer firmly convinced of right and wrong, it has caused many to worship at the feet of political correctness. Faith and confidence in God and truth are replaced by doubt and ambiguity.
1. Why does our society tolerate the foul language used by our entertainers, athletes, coaches and just about any other public figure but fires a reporter because he called the president a d___?
2. Why are there signs in the many restaurants all over the country that read, “No shoes, no shirt, no service” but a man wearing a bra and panties can board an airplane and ride from Fort Lauderdale to Phoenix without any repercussions?
3. Why are beautiful women desired as sports casters, news anchors and weather reporters but beautiful women are rejected if they are conservative Republican presidential candidates?
4. Why is Casey Anthony on trial for murdering her two year old daughter, Caylee, but had she murdered her 2 ½ years earlier while she was still in the womb it would have been done legally?
5. Why does legal protection exist for homosexual behavior but there is no legal protections for behaviors such as thievery, assault, rape or molestation?
6. Why is the ‘N’ word taboo for everyone, but those who are most offended by it can use it freely.
7. Why is Islam, the religion of our enemies, tolerated and even encouraged in our public schools while Christianity, the faith of our fathers, is not tolerated?
8. Why do civil rights warriors like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton run about to defend even questionable hate crimes in the U.S. but they have no sympathy at all for hundreds of thousands who are victims of genocide on the African continent?
9. Why does little Johnny have his plastic squirt gun taken away from him at school but the teacher hands him a pair of six inch scissors to cut his paper with?
10. Why would we do in Los Angeles, (conduct post soccer game ceremony in Spanish) what they wouldn’t do in Mexico City (conduct post soccer game ceremony in English)?