Pilates has been made known around the globe simply because of the many benefits that it can bring. Regardless of a person’s age or activity level, he or she can very much get into the practice of Pilates. It is not the typical exercise that most of us might have encountered, as a matter of fact, it comes in various programs that bring lots of advantages to one’s health and being healthy is one big step to being confident of ourselves.
So what are these benefits that we can get out of practicing Pilates? We may have heard of Pilates over again about the many good things it can bring about to us. With the many things we can get out of this impressive exercise, below is a summary of a few of these great benefits. Here are top five of them.
- Pilates strengthens the core of our bodies. The great thing about this exercise is that it not only focuses on a single part of the body but the whole of it. Our core is said to be composed of the muscles found at the back, tummy and the buttocks. Pilates can help you become steadier as you practice it regularly keeping your body toned and healthy.
- This exercise can help improve posture. People who have back problems will definitely find it relieving when practicing Pilates because it helps lengthen the spine thus urging you to sit and stand properly. Perhaps the reason why this exercise provides relief for people with aching backs is because it places pressure or compression over the spinal area. There is no need to worry about pain when doing it because there is that assurance that as long it is done the proper way, the whole exercise regimen is completely painless.
- It improves your mental and physical connection. What makes this exercise stand out from the rest is the fact that it involves both the mind and body. Proper breathing exercise is very crucial to doing it properly and this alone already involves your mind in order to be focused. When we gain control over our mind, we also get to control our body and when these two collaborate, things are much easier to do in our daily tasks.
- Having longer and toned muscles is another benefit of Pilates. Compared to other exercises, you do not end up having all those bulky and large muscles. What’s even more great is how all the muscles in the body are at work when practicing it so expect to have leaner muscles that are proportioned.
- With all these being said, Pilates is the kind of exercise that will make you become more efficient with your body. This basically means you can do things without having to worry about pain and with lesser chances of injury.
These are just a few of the many benefits of Pilates. Because it is the type of exercise program that involves low impact workout, whatever activity level you have, you do not have to worry about joint and muscle pain after doing a session. This is why both young and old are encouraged to do this in order for them to garner the benefits of Pilates.