Participating in a wedding as a bridesmaid is a privilege. It is pleasurable and even an honor for having been a part of this special day. For others it is their chance to expose themselves prettily wearing a wonderful dress. However, apart from that, a bridesmaid has duties and responsibilities that she has to attend most especially for the both the groom and bride. There is a deeper meaning of being a bridesmaid aside from being a part of the entourage. Her role is not just to add the wonders of the ceremony but to attend to certain obligations before, during, and after the big day. It can be hectic and largely dependent upon the preferences of the bride and groom for their wedding.
The bridesmaid’s duties and responsibilities are the following:
Before the Wedding Day
1. Many times the groom does not want to go to register with his bride-to-be. You can be very supportive by going with your friend to register for her wedding gifts as well as letting other guests know where the bride and groom are registered. This is a very fun experience so take part in the choosing if she needs help.
2. Helps maid of honor with Hens night and bridal shower
3. Helps decorate ceremony if necessary
4. Helps with arranging wedding favors
5. They attend pre-wedding parties
6. Attend ceremony rehearsal and rehearsal dinner
7. They help with organizing or assisting with hair and make-up
8. Helps with or the making of table decorations and or DYI wedding crafts
9. They help the bride with errands on the wedding day
10. Share the cost of the bridal shower with the maid or matron of honor
11. f you have great penmanship it is always nice to volunteer to address at least some the invitations if the bride agrees. Many times a bride may outsource her invitations but if they need to be addressed by the family, your help will be key in reducing the load of tasks to complete
12. It is a major treat to go with the bride when she is shopping for her wedding dress. She may even invite you to be involved in picking out the bridesmaid dresses. It is very important to help make sure the dresses are ordered and arrive in enough time for alterations.
13. Make sure to pick up your bridesmaid dress in a “reasonable” amount of time in case of additional fittings. Underneath your bridesmaid dress you might consider bridal lingerie to compliment the beauty of the dress.
During the Wedding Day
1. Ask if the bride needs anything (food, water, etc) all the way up till the time she is walking down the aisle. She will really appreciate it!
2. Bridesmaids walk behind the bride during the wedding procession
3. Assist the guests to their seats and be social prior to the wedding. The guests love to see the bridesmaids and groomsmen out and about.
4. Provide moral support and be a great listener throughout the process since it is a very wonderful and “positively” stressful time for your friend. You can really make the difference
5. Stands near her during the ceremony
6. They are photographed as part of the wedding party
7. May receive a shower gift and wedding gift from the bride
After the Wedding Day
1. seated at the table with the bride and groom
2. photographed as part of the wedding party
3. Have a dance with the groomsmen
4. Assists the maid of honor when needed
5. Helps load gifts into car with the help of the groomsmen
6. Help with with any clean-up at the end of the night, if necessary
Additionally, bridesmaid pay for their own wedding attire and accessories. They also pay for their travel expenses and accommodation during the celebration.
There are limited ways to refuse a friend’s or a family member’s offer to be a bridesmaid in their wedding. That is why, it is very important that the bride and groom should be thoughtful enough to thank their bridesmaids in any way. They should include in their checklist the bridesmaid gifts that will be given to their bridesmaids. This giving of special bridesmaids gifts is an unusual gesture of extending thanks to them for their untiring effort of help on the wedding. It is not hard to find unique bridesmaids gift that will surely be liked so there is nothing much to worry of.