Health is Wealth……….!
1. Listen to your favorite music when you are stuck in a traffic jam or getting ready for a tough day at work. It is a great way to reduce stress/anxiety.
2. Choose brown rice over white rice. Brown rice contains selenium which helps strengthen your immune system & lowers the risk of various cancers.
3. Do not go on a strict diet while trying to lose weight. A study found that such people tend to lose weight more slowly than expected.
4. Eat 5-6 soaked almonds in the morning everyday. Almond is a source of many nutrients which helps enhance the memory power & cognitive skills.
5. Troubled by acne/pimples? Apply a honey & lemon mask on your face once a week. Honey makes blemishes fade away & lemon prevents face from getting oily
6. Eat plain popcorn when you are on a diet. It is a low-calorie snack with high fiber content that can keep your mouth busy for a longer period of time.
7. Want to Quit Smoking? Dip your cigarettes in milk & dry them. Now every time you smoke, you’ll throw it half way through because of the bitter taste.
8. Sit in a relaxing position and take six deep and calming breaths in 30 seconds. This can help reduce your blood pressure.
9. For a sustainable & healthy weight loss/gain, it is recommended that you lose/gain weight at a rate of about 1-2 pounds (0.4 kg to 0.8 kg) per week.
10. Children learn what they live, and you’re the teacher. Exhibit good hygiene and safety behavior so that your child can learn and follow suit.
11. To lose weight, choose skimmed milk over whole milk. It can bring down your saturated fat intake while still providing you protein & calcium.
12. Feeling depressed?
Go through an old photo album. Looking at photos when you were a kid would inspire you to take interest in your life & work.
13. Do not judge your workout’s effectiveness by the degree of sweating. Sweating is just a a body’s thermoregulatory mechanism to cool you down.
14. Lose the excess weight to reduce your risk of cancer. Research has shown that extra weight can trigger the growth of abnormal cells leading to cancer.
15. To prevent heartburn (burning feeling in chest/throat) at night, try sleeping on your left side. Sleeping on your right side can aggravate heartburn.
16. Divide your workout into 3-4 sessions. In each session, focus on 2-3 muscle groups. Training the same muscle group daily can lead to overtraining.
17. Add lemon or milk to the tea or drink tea between meals, so that tea doesn’t interfere with the absorption of iron from fruits & vegetables.
18. Avoid bursting the pimple as this can leave a permanent scar on your face. This can also spread infection, and ultimately worsen your acne/pimples.
19. Avoid crash dieting! Along with the loss of muscle, the lack of calories in your diet results in a lowered metabolism.
20. Inhaling the scent of vanilla can help you combat a sad mood. Aroma of vanilla acts as anti-depressant, making you feel happy and relaxed.
Be Healthy & Be Wealthy!