There are so many things a parent should teach their child. Whose to say what is the most important lesson. This is based on my personal opinion and I’m not saying that these are the absolute most important things to teach your child, but they actually are very imortant. Here’s my list of at least five things parents should teach their kids.
- Love: There’s an obvious reason why love is first on the list. Love is probably one of the most important, most talked about, most thought about, element of life. Love is a power with no limit in site. It is a power that can destroy a person, or make a person invincible. Parents, especially mothers, should teach their sons how to love and treat a woman. Daughters should learn how they should be loved. They should know what love really is. Abuse is much too common nowadays because too many people have such a distorted idea of love. And just to throw it out there, parents should tell their kids how much they love them everytime they get a chanche.
- Respect: Respect is a version of love. Teach your child how to show respect to everyone, including strangers. Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you!
- Honesty: Teach your kids how to tell the truth. Teach them how to be honest with you, and how to be honest with themselves. Be honest with your kids and they’ll know that they can come to you in times of need. In fact, they’ll want to come to you for help.
- Confidence: Confidence is key. Plain and simple.
- Appreciaton: Appreciation isn’t usually the utmost priority, there are probably a hundred things that some people may feel are more important. Teach your child to be appreciative of what they have, and that there are people out there who have a lot less. The thing is, that learning how to appreciate things can actually humble a person. You’ll never take anything for granted. Hopefully knowing how to be appreciative can prevent people from making mistakes.
There are probably a hundred different combinations of things that I could’ve put on the list. But I hope that I’ve influenced you, at least a little bit, into realizing how why teaching your kids about these things are so important.