FUN FACT: “On June 28, 1968, Congress passed the Uniform Holidays Bill, which moved three holidays from their traditional dates to a specified Monday in order to create a convenient three-day weekend. These holidays included Washington’s Birthday, Veterans Day and Memorial Day. The change moved Memorial Day from its traditional May 30 date to the last Monday in May.”
There are those who feel that in moving Memorial Day to accommodate a three day weekend, we lose the historical significance and authentic meaning of the day. Luckily, this year, Memorial Day falls on its rightful day of May 30th and Capitol Lighting is offering grand promotions on ceiling fans from Casablanca Fan Company and other great brands that sustain the beauty of America.
Energy-smart, eco-friendly ceiling fans and lighting are on sale this week. Celebrate the essence of Memorial Day and pay tribute to those who have served to protect this country. Invest wisely to promote a cleaner, more energy-efficient America.
Celebrate summer with ceiling fans from Casablanca Fan Company
Welcome the summer season with state-of-the-art, energy smart, ceiling fans. The latest innovations from Casablanca Fan Company improve the atmosphere of any room and cut down on energy costs throughout the year. With Capitol Lighting’s Fan Builder program, completing a Casablanca ceiling fan to your precise specifications has never been easier.
Wise ceiling fan-buying tips from the experts at Capitol:
- Size Matters: For maximum efficiency choose 50- to 56-inch ceiling fans for rooms up to 225 square feet and larger; 36-to 44-inch fans for medium sized rooms up to 144 square feet; and 29-to 32-inch for smaller rooms up to 75 square feet.
- Get the Height Right: Install ceiling fans higher than 7 feet above the floor in the middle of the room for maximum comfort, circulation, safety and aesthetics. Optimal placement would be either 8 or 9 feet from the floor.
- Blades of Satisfaction: Fan blades determine the amount of air being circulated throughout the room. The ceiling fan blade brackets should be positioned to hold the blade at a 12-15 degree angle for optimal circulation and be weighed and matched as a balanced set to avoid having your fan wobble. A ceiling fan with less than a 12 degree angle will not circulate air as well and be less efficient. The greater the angle of the blade the more air circulation you will have in your room. Blades should be made with wood or acrylic and be sealed and treated to resist humidity.
- Know your Motor: The heart of every ceiling fan is the motor. The motor is responsible for producing quiet operation while driving the blades for air movement. Look for high-quality motors with heavy-duty windings and sealed bearings that are permanently lubricated. High quality motors are designed to work flawlessly for long periods of time and some are guaranteed to last for the life-time of your fan.
- A Strong Finish: A high quality finish will resist against blistering, tarnishing, fading and corrosion. Less advanced finishes on the fan blades can be very fragile and may peel, bubble and corrode quickly.
- Be Wary of Warranties: Buy from reputable dealers who stand behind the quality of their merchandise. Fans should include motors that are guaranteed for at least three years, if not, for the life of the fan.
- Lights: Choose light kits to enrich room décor andadd the finishing touch. Capitol Lighting offers a vast selection of lighting options. Opal, marble, crystal, glass and hand blown glass can even be added to a fitter or fixture shade for a custom design unique to your home.
A few more reasons to take advantage of Memorial Day savings and the greatest selection of ceiling fans from Casablanca Fan Company at Capitol Lighting:
- In the last 10 years ceiling fans have become more technologically advanced, providing cooling for the summer months and warming for winter in the most energy smart, efficient and environmentally friendly manner.
- Fans may reduce energy bills up to 40% in the summer and 10% in the winter, using only as much energy as a 100 watt light bulb. During the summer, fans create a “cooling effect” lowering temperatures as much as 7 degrees; and, in the winter months, fans with reverse modes will recirculate heat toward the center of your room.
- High styled ceiling fans are popular, not only in the main rooms in your home, but also in patios, verandas, kitchens and bathrooms. Be sure to purchase a fan specifically designed for damp locations, when using outdoors or in bathing areas.