I have compiled a list of 50 tips that will surely help you to succeed in writing articles faster. These 50 tips are written in 5 parts i.e,
I hope you have already read 40 tips published earlier. These 40 tips are as follows:
The plus point is that there is a bonus tip for you in the end. So, infact you have 51 awesome tips to “write articles faster”
- Explore microniches instead of niches: It is better to write on specific subtopics instead of writing on general topics. For example, if you are interested in writing a topic about search engine optimization (seo) it is better to write about backlinks and seo. In this way, you will have a specific category and it would be easier to write on back-links and seo. You can write article on keyword research and seo or social book-marking and seo afterwards, if you get really interested in search engine optimization and more. Another plus point is that you will end up writing 10 articles on seo instead of 1 single article on seo.
- Eliminate online distractions: It is always better to log out of Facebook and Twitter, all chats and everything that distracts you from writing an article really fast. If you have given yourself a one hour target/challenge to write an article, you do not need to check out your facebook homepage or your email or others comments on your articles. These things can wait, but you have to write an article in an hour.
- Research and Article Writing should be done separately: People spend a lot more time researching for their article subject matter instead of writing an article. It is better to allocate separate blocks of time for both of these processes. When you are writing an article, there are times when you want to look for a quote, check for the appropriate figure or even just copy paste a url of other articles. Whenever I feel that I should check a fact/figure/url/picture before writing more, I underline and bold the particular sentence that needs the fact/figure/url/picture/references and continue with my article writing process. When I am proofreading my article before final submission, I check out the highlighted (bold and underlined) sentences and add whatever is missing.
- The Ten Commandments: Always make sure you do not write more than 10 pointers. 10 is a strong number. If you vow that you will not write more than 10 pointers/subheadings in an article, you can control your perfectionism. I could have written “50 awesome tips to write an article faster” and written 50 tips all at once, but the Ten Commandments Rule reminded me to use the 10 +10+ 10+10 +10 =50 rule. I ended up writing 5 articles instead of 1 article.
50 Awesome Tips to write Articles Fast (Really fast): Part 5
- Write an article first and research later: If you write Article A in the morning and research for Article B later in the evening or at night, you can easily write Article B next morning. This is necessary because writing an article requires motivation and energy and it can be best done in the beginning. It is also recommended that you do not connect to the internet while writing an article. For example, it is better to write an article early in the morning or whenever you start afresh with your making money online time. You can write an article in an hour and then afterwards (in the afternoon or in the night) you can research for your article subject matter. Research is easy and it can be done when your mind is not 100% fresh. But when you start your making money online time (in your schedule), first write an article and do the research later. In the research it is also advised to make 5-10 pointers so that when you start writing an article tomorrow early in the morning some pointers/headings are ready so that you can easily write an article fast. This pointers aspect is discussed in detailhere.
- Read aloud what you write: Now this is recommended if there is no toddler sleeping next to you. I also do not recommend it if your hubby is sleeping next by and he has to get up at 5 to reach office. When we read out aloud, we can discover the problematic and incomplete parts of an article, where there is something wrong. You can also read it to someone else if you want to, for extra advice.
- Cut down on your research time: The worst mistake many newbies make is that they spend up to 10 -20 hours researching for a single article. They tend to write less number of articles in a given period of time and earn less. Consequently, they give up on writing articles and making money online. Cut down your research time by writing about what you know. Use quick research methods like exploring article directories, wikihow, forums, mylot discussions and yahoo answers. Do not spend much time on keyword research and choose one wise keyword/keyphrase only. This keyword/ key-phrase should have less competition but more than 1000 searches. For more on keyword research see How to write a keyword-optimized article(The Perfect step by step Guide)
- Brevity: Be brief and to the point. Internet users are looking for information and they will not sit down to read your 5000 word article. In fact, they might just take a look on your article, focus on the main points/headings/subheadings and just run away to look for better information. There is this one successful Triond writer and he has the habit of writing an article containing four paragraphs only. Each paragraph starts with an underlined heading and the paragraph is no longer than 7 lines. He has already written 1500 articles and he told that he write 100 articles last month. Are you impressed, well I am!
- Monetize your research time: In this article, I have focused on cutting down time from article research. This is because I have discovered a nice formula of article research time and article earnings. Averagely, newbie writers spend 10 hours researching for a single article. Each article can get you at most1000 page-views alone (without any article promotion attempts) in a year. If you are earning money through Chitika or Triond, 2000 page impressions are estimated to give you 1 dollar (average estimate). Looks like your 10 hour article can give you only 50 cents. If you divide 50 cents in 10 hours you get 5 cents per hour. Are you willing to work for 5 cents for an hour? Of course not. The bottom-line is, please do not spend more than 2 hours on research because it isn’t worth it.
- Write the way you speak: Write freely, do not censor while writing. Your writing is you. Do not look back for typing errors, grammatical error. You will have time to proofread at the end. Just allow yourself to go with the flow and speak out what every you know and whatever you want to say. This is the easiest kind of material to read for most people. Just write from the heart.
Thank you for reading the 50 awesome tips to write article faster. Your Bonus tip # 51 is given at the end.
50 Awesome Tips to write Articles Fast (Really fast): Part 5
51. Three types of writers: There are 3 types of writers. Writer A, Writer B and Writer C.
- Writer A: writes for Fun only. He/she spends a tough timed schedule and writing articles is relief. It is a passion that takes the stress off. They writes article for Fun and are content with 50 cents per month. Who needs online money when offline job pays all the bills and money for luxuries?
- Writer B: writes for Profit only. He/she has a free life. He/she wakes up whenever they want to. They are strictly driven to make money online. Making money online and writing articles are their only job and profession. They have to make money so that they can bring food on the Dinner Table. They have to make money online writing articles so that hey can pay their bills and rent.
- Writer C: writes for Fun and Profit. This comprises of 75% of the Freelance writers community. For us, life is not very very tough and scheduled but is it not even very very easy. We want to make money online but we want to be easy so that our personal lives and fulltime jobs are not stressed (by the way, you have a full time job even if you are a Stay at Home Mother or Father)
- Writer A is advised to follow their own pace. They are not recommended to use these awesome tips.
- Writer B is prescribed to strictly follow these tips to “write articles faster”.
- Writer C is recommended these tips but they are also advised to make writing fun by spending 1 hour following your heart and doing whatever you already do. For one hour enjoy article writing, have fun. But for the next hour, follow all these techniques and write an article no matter what.