Average amount of minerals found in human body
- Milk and dairy products
- Calcium enriched soya milk
- Cereal and cereal products
- Wheat flour in UK fortified with Calcium carbonate salt
- Fish nuts(Almonds)
- Water also provide significant amount of calcium.
With vitamin D increases the calcium blood plasma level
Lactose also increases the Ca absorption.
Calcium absorption is decreased by phytic acid present in whole cereals.
People who take food on regular basis declining calcium by enhancing phaytate
Oxalates,In spinach, rhubarb, beetroot, chocolates, tea infusions, wheat bran, peanuts and strawberry may also inhibit the calcium absorption(due to insoluble nature of calcium oxalate salt).
Widely available in;
- Animals and plant food
- Meat,poultry,fish,eggs,dairy products,cereals,nuts and legumes
Body absorbs phosphorus more efficiently than calcium(60-90)
Cereals and legumes as phaytate is partly liberated during digestion
Also critical as buffers to maintain the normal pH in the body.
- Grains, cereals ,nuts, legumes, seafood, coffee, tea, cocoa, chocolates.
Magnesium in bone to act as a reservoir to sustain plasma level, remaining found in plasma and tissue.
Magnesium inhibit the blood clotting process, inhibit the muscle contraction by blocking the calcium binding sites.
Present in the thiamine and biotin.
Egg milk proteins rich in methionine which is especially important in tissue growth and regeneration after illness and injury.
Plays an important role in detoxifying pathways used by the liver for removal of waste products participates in maintaining the acid base balance.
Richest source is fish and meat;
- Cereal contains inorganic iron
- Green vegetables,nuts,driedfruits(sulphates,succintes,glucontes,fumerates)
Vitamin C effects the iron absorption in the body.
- Sea food and dairy products
Lower level of zinc
- Leafy vegetables,fruits and fats
Liver, shellfish, nuts, seeds, legumes towards with the outer part of the cereal are reported to the richest source.
May cause Wilson’s disease (increase copper in muscle and tissues)
Amount of selenium in body varies with local environment, as it contents in soil is variable
Fish, shellfish, meat and egg.
Moderate amount in;
Cereal and cereal products provide useful source.