Mango lassi is easy to make, rich, traditional and popular drink of India. Traditional Indian lassi can be salted lassi or sweet lassi. Mango lassi recipe is a boon for those people, who are mango lovers. How to make a mango lassi is not a hard job.
If you have not tasted mango lassi yet then surely once you experience the flavor of mango lassi recipe, you will get hooked to its sweet taste, smoothness and creamy richness.
Once mango lassi goes down to your throat, you will feel that this mango drink is very refreshing and also good for your health.
Wish to learn how to make a mango lassi recipe? Following are mango lassi ingredients:
How to make Mango Lassi Ingredients
- 1 to 2 cups Mango pulp
- 1 cup thick yogurt (low fat curd)
- Honey or sugar to taste
- Crushed ice or ice cube
- pinch of cardamom powder for extra flavor
How to make Mango Lassi Recipe Method
- Peel the mango and cut it to small pieces to make mango pulp.
- Combine all mango lassi ingredients and mix until it gets smooth and fine in a blender.
- Add some cardamom powder to make a chunkier mango lassi,
- Garnish with fresh fruits of your choice and enjoy.
- Pour in glasses and serve the delicious mango lassi.
Adjust the mango lassi ingredients as per your taste, if you have a swwet tooth, then for extra sweetness you can add more mango pulp or a scoop full of sugar. You can also freeze this prepared mango lassi in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
How to make Mango Lassi Tips
- You can make mango lassi in several ways. You can add salt instead of sugar if you prefer a salted lassi.
- Buttermilk can also be used instead of yogurt to alter the taste.
- The more you add the Mango pulp, more it add a wonderful color to your mango Lassi too.
- Refrigerating Mango Lassi for few hours is a good idea. It can be topped with some mango puree or with some chopped mango pieces before serving.
- You can also add a teaspoon of fresh lime juice to have a tangy taste.
This is a perfect mango lassi recipe for the summer. Served in a glass with a straw, with nuts sprinkled on top gives your mango lassi a great look.
Want to know How to make a smoothie? read here.