Family Dogs that don’t shed
Dogs are considered to be man’s best friend. They have been our constant companion and have been a life saver for quite a lot of instances as seen in news reports and movies. This is the very reason why a lot of families keep dogs as their pets although an important consideration has always been if these dogs shed. Shedding is a vital part of a dog’s life especially those hairy ones making it a primary consideration of families who wishes to keep a dog instead their homes. Of course, you wouldn’t want dog hair to be all over your living or on your precious newly bought rug.
Here are some of the dog breeds you would want to consider having as a pet at home:
- Pug– this breed of dog is highly sociable and would prefer human company than being with other dogs or pets. Pugs are usually not human aggressive and the best thing about them is that they are short haired dogs making them shed less.
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier– is best known for their being a family dog and their trustworthiness to children. They are affectionate and can highly sense danger but this does not make them human aggressive.
- Labrador Retriever– this dog breed is probably the most popular all over the world. They are known to be family dogs but take note that Labradorretrievers should be trained because they are working dogs. Leaving a Labrador retriever untrained will cause the dog to be hyperactive and boisterous which can eventually knock a toddler down.
- Golden Retriever– although they are long haired dogs, golden retrievers are still popular as family dogs. These hunting dogs will retrieve almost anything that you would throw. They are usually boisterous and should be supervised around young children to prevent any accident from happening.
- Standard Poodle– these dogs can do a lot, from swimming, retrieving and hunting. They are also an exceptionally intelligent breed and their affectionate and friendly nature makes them a well-loved choice for the family.
- Bernese Mountain Dogs– These dogs usually range from 80-120 lbs. and have a great and kind look which gives insight of their kind of personality. They are commonly known to be the gentle giants considering their sizes and their kind nature.
- Bulldog– this kind of dog breed is known to be stubborn and would always snort and snore. But because of their loyal nature, they tend to be well loved especially by the children in the Family.
Dogs are known to be wonderful pets but you have to remember that dogs don’t just need food and shelter, like humans, they also need your love and care. If you are considering getting a dog for your family, find the one that would suit your family’s personality and the kind of house you have. If you are leaving in a big house with a big yard, getting a family dog would be the best thing to do. However, if you are renting a mediocre type apartment, getting a family dog that doesn’t shed off often would be at your most convenience.