Make a smoothie for your family and loved ones this summer to make them feel cool and chill. Making a smoothie is simple and fun. You do not need to reside in kitchen for hours to make a delicious smoothie at home. There are many smoothie recipes, which are enjoyed seasonally.
Breakfast smoothies are healthy and a convenient replacement of heavy meal. With only few smoothie ingredients, you can enjoy a nutritious smoothie according to your taste preferences. If you are looking for how to make a smoothie recipe or an easy fruit smoothie recipe then you have stumbled on right page.
If you wish to know how to make a smoothie, this is the perfect recipe for you.
Smoothie Image source
The Basic Smoothie recipe
- 1 to 2 cups of low fat milk
- 1/2 cup of yogurt
- 2 to 3 cups of mashed fruit such as mango, banana
- Crushed ice
Market smoothies are made with heavy ice cream and milk which is not fine for keeping a healthy lifestyle. You should learn how to make a smoothie at home to avoid them.
How to Make a smoothie – Procedure
- Put fruits of your choice such as mango or banana or frozen fruits in the blender and use the smoothie or puree setting. Blend it for 1 to 2 minutes until the fruits are entirely crushed.
- Add the yogurt and milk and blend for another 30 to 40 seconds. Hold and check, if not mixed properly then blend for another 30 seconds.
- Add the crushed ice in to the blend material and again blend until mixed.
- Pour in a glass and this healthy smoothie.
For extra taste in smoothies, you can add supplements and add-ons such as soy milk, whey powder while making a healthy smoothie.
Are smoothies healthy? Is this question also bothering you?
You will say all smoothie ingredients are healthy, than what’s unhealthy about smoothies?
Smoothie is a sweetened beverage generally prepared from fresh fruits. A Smoothie drink has fruit, milk and yogurt and other healthful ingredients, however if you add extra sugar, milk that is fully fat, ice cream than it would not be so healthy and as such low calorie diet. A small to medium smoothie from any smoothie company or popular chain has around 230 calories, because they have added extra sugar in the smoothie to make it sweeter.
No doubt, a fruit smoothie is healthier then soda drinks. It would be healthier and diet conscious low calorie snack, if you learn how to make a smoothie at home with no extra scoopful sugar and ice cream.
So, make a smoothie, this summer at home for your loved ones and family as this will be more healthy.
Beside this smothie recipe, you might have heared about MANGO Lassi, read how to make a mango lassi here.