Fish may be one of the nicest foods available. But having fish smell on hands, clothes, house or refrigerator is not a very pleasant experience. However, there are several ways one can use to remove fish odors. Given below are some easy to follow home tips for removing fish odor.
- For removing fish odor from clothes sprinkle some baking soda on the clothes and expose them to some for 2 hours. One done take some water in a tub enough to immerse the cloth and pour one cup of white vinegar in it. Leave the cloth immersed for half an hour and then remove from the tub and wash with warm water and laundry detergent to get rid of the fish smell completely.
- For removing fish smell from refrigerator or freezer, empty it and turn it off. Place a container of boiling hot water with a sliced lemon in it. Leave for an hour and then wipe the walls and shelves thoroughly with a cloth dipped in white vinegar. This should get rid of the fish odor from your fridge.
- Leave a small bowl of white vinegar by your burners to absorb the particles in the air that can cause the fish smells to linger.
- In order to reduce the odor while cooking fish, heat some olive oil in a pan and add cinnamon in it. This should make the fish smell to give way to the sweet cinnamon smell.
- To remove the fish smell before cooking it, soak the raw fish for some time in a solution of vinegar and water.
- When cooking in an oven, try lining your baking dish with aluminum foil so you can easily discard the foil once the baking is done without having the smell lingering in the oven. If there is some smell boil a cup of water with lemon rinds in it in an oven safe dish.
- Adding lemon juice or vinegar to boiling water and continue boiling can expel fish odors from the kitchen.
- To remove the fish smells from your pots and panswash the items with baking soda solution. You may also try brewing some tea for 10-15 minutes and then discard the liquid and then wash it.
- To remove fish smell from hands rub your hands with the juice of half a lemon and wash hands the hands with warm soap and water.
- Wash vessels smelling of fish with vinegarsolution to get rid of the odor.
- When frying fish, add a piece of apple along with it to reduce the smell to a considerable extent.
- Put some used tea leavesin the pan after cooking fish along with water and leave it for some time. Clean it as you do normally later. This should remove the fish smell on the pan.
Hope some of these solutions will work for you to get rid of fish odor from your kitchen, vessels, refrigerator, clothes or hands effectively.