1. Looking for the world’s most expensive fur? Broadtail is the most expensive fur. It has a flat wavy pattern resembling moiré silk, and comes from lambs born prematurely or from unborn lambs.
2. Covered Bridge is the world’s longest covered bridge. It spans the Saint John River at Hartland, New Brunswick, near the Maine border. It is 1,282 ft or 391 m long.
3. Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Tennessee and the Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona are the two most visited National Parks in the US.
4. Do you know that the Eskimo Pie is the first chocolate-covered ice cream bar? It was invented in Onawa, Iowa, USA in 1921.
5. The Emperor Bell in Moscow, Russia is said to be the largest bell in the world. It is 20 ft or 6.1 m tall and was cast during 1734-35.
6. “The Rock,” at Hopewell Cape near the head of the Bay of Fundy, has unusual eroded shapes caused by the high tides of the bay.
7. One of the most impressive rock formation carve by men is Mount Rushmore. It took Gutzon Borglum 14 years to carve Mount Rushmore.
8. Iceland, a country with hundred volcanoes, boasts the world’s oldest constitution. It was drafted around 930.
9. War torn Afghanistan is the world’s largest producer of opium. Belize is the only English-speaking country in Central America.
10. France which is sandwich between Spain and Germany is the world’s top travel destination.
11. Haiti became the world’s first independent black republic.
12. Nauru, located in the Pacific Ocean, is the smallest island country.
13. Damascus, the capital of Syria, is the oldest capital city in the world.
14. South Africa, one of the most progressive countries in Africa, is the world’s largest producer of gold.
15. Montenegro in Europe is the world’s newest country.
16. Papua New Guinea, one of the countries in the Pacific region has more languages than any other country. It has 717 native languages.
17. An oyster has neither head nor brain. It can change sex several times during their lives, but at any one time they are either male or female.
18. Do you know that hummingbirds can fly backward? Another notable characteristic of a hummingbird – It wings can vibrate 30-80 times a second.
19. Bitterroot is a plant that grows in mountainous regions. One amazing thing about its root is that – it’s edible in spring, but becomes bitter in the summer.
20. Great King Hassan II Mosque in Morocco is the world’s biggest mosque. This magnificently huge mosque can hold 100,000 worshippers.
Thanks a lot for reading!!! Hope you enjoyed it.