If you are deploying SharePoint 2010 for the first time and wishing to migrate your SharePoint contents from a previous version then Xavor SharePoint 2010 Migrator Premium can assist you in migrating your enterprise data from WSS 3.0 or MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2010 seamlessly.
Xavor SharePoint 2010 Migrator Premium possesses useful features and facilitates you in migrating huge quantities of contents from source SharePoint Server which could be on WSS 3.0 or MOSS 2007 to the destination SharePoint Server that could be MOSS 2007 or SharePoint 2010.
Now it is also possible to govern your SharePoint environment right from your desktop with this indispensible tool. It helps you to observe information related to the implemented Governance rules and find out what rules and policies are applied where in your SharePoint environment.
The new enhanced feature set offered in the Premium version of Xavor SharePoint 2010 Migrator lets you manage site collections and lock/unlock site conveniently. This simple to use tool has some superb features set, functionality and performance traits that distinguish it from other migration tools.
This feature provides complete report regarding the content placed on the server and also the technical information regarding the server. For organizations seeking an upgrade from the older versions of the SharePoint to the newer ones, pre-migration scanner plays an important role in providing information which is helpful in devising an effective migration strategy before upgrading the server.
This essential tool offers two alternatives for migrating content with in SharePoint environments:
· Scheduled migration
Xavor SharePoint 2010 Migrator Premium version possesses the capability to execute a scheduled migration operation. It lets you perform migration on the selected date and time of your choice which may be during off-time or on the weekends. It also lists pending or executed scheduled jobs.
· Import or Export
With the “Source export” feature, you can export the selected SharePoint content directly to the disk drive and use it as a backup and restore to this checkpoint as and when required. Similarly, this data can also be imported with the “Destination import” feature.
Lock Sites and Post Notices
Apart from the Governance feature, another noteworthy characteristic of this SharePoint tool is its capability to send respective notifications on the web applications. This feature helps in keeping your SharePoint users informed of the most recent events, SharePoint Upgrades, announcements, etc.
With SharePoint 2010 migration tool, you can lock sites in order to stop changes being made to them or unlock them at a later date according to your business requirements through the same process.
Oversee your SharePoint Content
Xavor SharePoint 2010 Migrator Premium’s governance attribute is a notable business feature with which you can concentrate on compliance with IT policies.
Implemented Governance rules will let you:
· Observe on which site collections the automatic site deletion option has been applied
· Monitor the file types that are blocked on any particular web application
· Overview of the content and structure of the Farm, Web Application, Site Collection, Web or List/libraries
· See lists or libraries where publication of the specific content type has been disabled
· View the addresses (URLs) in the Content Source(s)
· Observe various content types from SharePoint environment
· Check the presence of custom web parts and places where they are being used
· See the email aliases assigned to lists in farm or site collection or web
· Find out about custom Event Receivers
· Acquire information regarding content database, its size and free space available on the drive where it is residing
· Get an overview of farm topology and MOSS Search topology
· Observe the SharePoint library to see where Information Rights Management is enabled
· See where Versioning is enabled on a SharePoint List/Library
· Have a look at list of list templates in a site collection
· Observe information regarding site locks applied on the Site Collections
· Have a look at the policies applied on the Site collection or Content types
· Look at the list of quota templates and a list of Site Collections with quota limits
· See active record center and non-active record centers in the farm, web application , site collection and the rules applied over them
· Get to know if self-service site creation is enabled on the web applications
· Acquire information about list of services and their instances running on local server
· See which list of SharePoint solutions are deployed on SharePoint Farm and associated web applications
· See listing of user alerts attached on lists
· Obtain information regarding specific rights of user on Site, Web, List or item
· Find information about your current SharePoint Farm Version
· See a listing of Workflow templates and their association
· Observe information about WSS Search topology
· See which account rights are provided to Xavor SharePoint Extensions on Databases
Xavor SharePoint 2010 Migrator Premium is undoubtedly a powerful content migration tool, developed on a proven methodology therefore it performs all functions reliably and smoothly. You can confidently make use of this essential tool to perform your content migration while gaining more visibility of your existing and newer SharePoint environments.