If you have been diagnosed eye cataract, A clouding of the eye, you probably know that this is a normal part of aging. The eye cataract can be caused by certain diseases or medications, or may be inherited. Whatever the cause, if your eye cataract has reached the stage that affect their vision significantly, your doctor may suggest some of the Eye Surgeries. If you are thinking about this, here are some things you should know about the Eye Surgeries to treat your eye cataract and what to expect during the recovery period.
1. The Eye Surgeries to treat eye cataract involves removing the natural lens of the eye that is affected and replace it with a lens implant.
2. The Eye Cataract Surgery Complications to treat eye cataract usually performed as an outpatient procedure.
3. Different clinics perform different methods to perform Eye Surgeries to treat eye cataract. For example, a common form of cataract surgery is phacoemulsification, which uses ultrasound technology to break the opacified lens to be removed. Another new technology used is called AquaLase, which relies on short pulses of water to remove cataract. It is good to find out what types of Eye Surgeries to treat eye cataract are available and are suitable for you.
4. Some surgeons begin Eye Surgeries the target of eyes beyond the cornea, while others start their Eye Surgeries incised about 1 mm in front, which is actually on the cornea. The first approach usually closes by itself, while the second method usually requires suturing. The type of method used the Eye Surgeries to treat eye cataract affects the recovery process, so we must be cautious to choose.
5. Depending on the method used, your doctor may use drops eyes as the sole anesthetic, or may require an anesthetic injection.
6. Only eye usually operated at a time, so you may need to undergo surgery twice.
7. You should be accompanied by someone who can drive you home when Eye surgery to treat eye cataract end
8. Some patients who have undergone the Eye Surgeries to treat eye cataract are invited to use an eye patch for 24 hours. Whether you have a patch or not, is important not to rub the eye or put pressure on him. You may also be asked to use a protection for eyes one or two weeks after surgeryTo protect eyes irritants.
9. How to run your vision immediately after Eye Surgeries to treat eye cataract can vary from person to person. Some patients see clearly almost immediately after surgery, While others may experience blurred vision for a week or so. Double vision may occur after eye surgeryBut if so, it usually lasts a day or two.
10. Your doctor may prescribe eyedrops to prevent infection. Also anti-inflammatory drops may be used in some cases. cases.