What is chicken pox ?
Chicken pox is a viral disease spread by a virus called Varicella Zoster. It is a contagious disease. People with this disease often carry blisters (a bump on the surface of your skin filled with fluid) all over or some parts of their body.
1. It may start seeming like cold.
2. You start with sneezing and coughing.
3. 1 to 2 day later rashes appear as bunch of spots over you face and chest.
4. Pink spots can also appear in your mouth and ears.
5. These pink spots develop blisters on top of them.
6. Blisters appear and go as waves. Every 24 to 40 hour they start cresting over.
7. No new blister appears after 7th day.
8. Other than these spots you can also have stomach ache or high fever.
The Way It Spreads.
People who are suffering from Chicken Pox are more contagious in the first 2-5 days. Usually before the appearance of rashes and blisters. That however means that you may be spreading chicken pox enen without knowing it. Is usually spreads by coughing and sneezing. But can also be transferred even via laughing and talking.
Although there’s only one treatment to chicken pox and that is vaccination. Some may also have it even they were vaccinated. Chicken pox can affect at the age of puberty.
There is no reason to panic because it itself cures within 10-15 days. But its always itchy. So here are some tips you may find helpful.
– Keep yourself cool. Heat and sweat increases itchiness. You can keep wet wash cloth on the worst itching areas.
– Most importantly, trim your fingernails as you may scratch unknowingly and spread infection.
– Add oat meal to bathing water it relieves itching.
– Apply calamine lotion to itchy areas. Use the help of a partner.
– If your fever increases and areas of skin get warm and painful don’t avoid it, because you might have infection.
– Pain reliever as acetaminophen can help a lot.
– Never use aspirin.
If the blisters have gone, you are free. It happens only once in a lifetime so be happy.
Stay aware, stay conscious and be healthy. Prevention is better than cure. Hope you found this article informative.
An Article By: HappyChappy And SumoPunk.