Given the present day’s economic situation, every individual is looking to make the most of his/her money. Moreover, every business aims to make the maximum revenue it can to allow it to earn the possible returns. In the face of these contradictory positions, a customer can’t always be sure that he/she is getting the best possible deal. This is the similar condition when it comes to car rentals. Nowadays, it is hard to determine whether a budgeted car rental is actually an economical option. In the face of inflation, increasing gas prices and maintenance costs, every car rental company will try to make the most of each potential customer and transaction.
However, there is some good news and a work around that will enable you to get a good deal on car rentals despite the increasing prices. Here are some handy tips:
1) Always make reservations for budgeted car rentals on their websites. It is a much better option than doing it over the counter. Most of the car rental’s websites offer discounts only for those customers who make their reservations online. Hence, by availing if this sure shot reduction in your tariff, you are sure to save some money and get a good deal on renting a car.
2) One other way to get a good deal on car rentals is by making the most of the rent that you have to pay. Most car rental companies have policies that require you to return the car with full tank fuel. You could find the cheapest gas that is available and fill up the tank with this fuel. Hence, you will end up saving a considerable amount of money that you would have had to pay for a premium variety of fuel.
3) If it is a possible option, always try sticking to the same car rental company whenever you need to rent a car. Most car rental companies offer considerable amounts of discount to its frequent customers, Moreover, you will be entitled to coupons and free miles when you are categorised as a frequent customer.
4) To ensure that you get the best possible deal, try making the reservation well in advance. Most car rental companies offer discounts to customers that make their reservation early.
5) If possible, it is a good idea to schedule your pick up time from the car rental company very early in the morning. By doing so, you could possibly end up getting free upgrades due to unavailability of cheaper cars that you had requested.