Internet traffic is the life of any net site or ecommerce business, & in the event you are an online marketer, you already know that lovely traffic is not always simple to accomplish. There’s however, some simple & effective strategies for getting quality traffic to your site, & most of them are FREE or low cost.
1. Lovely elderly fashioned search engine optimization. This is perhaps, the most cost effective way to get plenty of customers to your site, because it does not cost a thing. A website with top rating on even a mildly popular term, can get thousands of visitors per month. Visit any SEO forum or editorial database & you can find hundreds of effective search engine optimization tips & tweaks to apply to your net site free.
2. Pay-Per-Click Campaigns (PPC). all of the major search engines offer some kind of Pay-Per-Click promotion. This is a great way to get targeted traffic to your site, & with some bids as low as $.01 per click, it may even be economical. Although Google Adwords & Yahoo Search Promotion (formerly Overture) are the main players in the PPC market, there’s lovely deals to be found with a number of the smaller search engines, such as ExactSeek.com & GoClick.com.
3. Traffic Exchanges. Traffic exchanges offer an online site owner an instant, free way to get traffic to his/her site. Traffic Exchanges come in all kinds of themes & forms, but the underlying principle remains the same: I view your site, you view my site. The ratio of sites you view to your site views can be diverse, depending on the individual exchange, however it is recommended you find with a one:1 ratio or better. Traffic exchanges also offer a multi tier referral program that gives you a percentage of traffic earned by associates you bring in to the program. Traffic Swarm.com, NoMoreHits.com, & StudioTraffic.com all offer an online site owner great ways to increase traffic, or you can basically search the term “traffic exchange” in any search engine to find an exchange that fits you.
4. Banner Exchanges. Banner Exchanges work on the same principle as Link Exchanges, & depending on the banner you pick to promote, can be effective at drawing targeted web traffic to your site. As with link exchanges, look for ratios of one:1 or better, with some banner exchanges providing a one:1 ratio. The banner you pick to make use of is important, as plenty of net users ignore most banners they see. Your banner needs to be catchy & needs to compel the user to take action & click it right away, but simultaneously you do not require it to be flashy as to turn off potential customers. Most banner exchange programs also have an option to buy banner impressions at low prices, usually a few dollars for thousands of impressions. This is a great way to put your business in front of plenty of customers, & helps to increase your “brand awareness”. Click4click.com & ThebannerExchange.net are some free banner exchanges that can provide your site immediate promotion & traffic.
5. Link Exchanges. Link Exchanges are an brilliant way to increase web traffic, & the benefits are two-fold. Not only do you get traffic from the linking net site, you also get the added benefit of better search engine placement with every link that is pointing to your site. Reciprocal linking has always been a major part of effective search engine optimization, with increasingly weight being placed every day on the quality & quantity of links pointing to your site. Be positive your anchor text is the keyword(s) you are targeting, but simultaneously, periodically phrase your anchor text differently so that all of the links pointing to your site do not say the same thing. This makes your links appear more “natural”. Linkalizer.com & Linkmarket.net are some lovely, free services to help you along with your link exchange campaigns, or you can also visit any SEO forum or article/ezine database for more tips.
6. Write Articles. Writing articles is a great, free way to promote your online business, & can bring in a substantial number of targeted customers to your site, usually within a few days. The key is to submit your editorial to as plenty of databases & directories as feasible. Hundreds of thousands of site owners & other net users worldwide search these editorial databases & directories every day, usually looking for quality content for their own sites. Every webmaster who reprints your editorial has to include your resource box, which ought to include a link pointing to your site. Not only will this give your business tremendous exposure, it also improves your search engine rating with a free one-way link that your editorial provides. ZapContent.comm & GoArticles.com are very popular editorial databases with free submission & fast approvals.
7. Paid-To-Read Campaigns (PTR). Paid-to-Read campaigns are an very low cost process of getting actual, guaranteed visitors to your site quickly. With PTR campaigns, people are paid to view your site for a positive amount of time. Because most PTR campaigns are not targeted, this is not the most effective way to promote. It is however, a great way to build an opt-in list or ezine subscriber base inexpensively. Usually for only a few dollars, you can send an commercial out to all of the members of a program. It is always a lovely suggestion to find PTR programs that are well established, with plenty of members in its database. Most programs have the number of subscribers & other stats prominently displayed on the main page of their website. Donkeymails.com & Maxprofit.org are well established, have thousands of members, & low promotion prices.
8. E-mail Campaigns & Safelists. E-mail campaigns & Safelists provide yet another great option to increase web traffic. These campaigns can run the whole pricing spectrum; from free, to hundreds of dollars per e-mail blast. Although spam concerns appear to have some advertisers reluctant to make use of e-mail, in the event you use a proper third party or safelist, you can have targeted traffic to your site in hours. BusinessWorldList.com & Herculist.com are some safelists with large number of opt-in subscribers.
9. Generate your own Opt-In List. This is a terrific way to get your own group of ready-to-buy prospects to your site. Getting the content for your list is as simple as searching any ezine or editorial database, as well as a straightforward way to get people to join is to basically give something away. Another way to build a list is through viral promotion. Sites such as ListFire.com can help you build a large list quickly with proper promotion.
10. Purchase Web Traffic. There is not a more “hands-free” way to get traffic to your site, than to buy it. Pricing for quality, targeted web traffic can vary greatly from site to site. It is recommended to look for web traffic campaigns that offer targeting to your specific audience, & actual time stats. This way you can better manage & track your promotion dollars.
As you can see, With a small hard work, & not much funds, you can bring quality website traffic to your site right away. Although not every process is appropriate for every site, pick a few that fit you & watch your traffic surge.