Even though there are so many choices for natural health drinks, it is confusing to nutritionists why anyone still consumes soft drinks. Unfortunately, when they are often associated with fun things like parties and baseball games, soft drinks are not fun for the body.
Here are 5 reasons to take another look at the dangers of soft drinks and discover why natural health drinks are a good alternative.
1. Soft drinks simulate a diuretic, robbing the body of valuable hydration. A considerable amount of water is required just to process the high levels of processed sugars and acidic ingredients in sodas. To fulfill your hydration needs, 8-12 glasses of water are required for each and every soft drink consumed. On the other hand, health drinks made with natural ingredients assist the body in the absorption of water.
2. The high sugar content in soft drinks can cause the pancreas to create excess insulin, leading to a sugar crash. This is most conspicuous after a meal that is high in simple carbs from white flour in things like bread, pasta and desserts. Continual spikes and crashes of sugar and insulin can turn into diabetes. This is a very real concern for growing children.
Young people will be happy with natural health drinks that taste good. Fortunately, a Google search for natural health drinks will reveal some flavorful options. We’re not talking about those superficially enhanced vitamin waters or candy-colored sports drinks, but health drinks created from real whole foods, like fruits and herbs.
3. Soft drinks get in the way of healthy digestion. The usual soft drink ingredients like sugar and caffeine virtually shut down the digestive process, forcing the body to use more energy on those things while other nutrients go to waste. That means the body is forced to get by with fewer nutrients from any food being consumed, especially when soft drinks follow. Health drinks with natural ingredients are far more beneficial for working with the body’s natural digestive processes.
4. Many diet soft drinks include Aspartame or other artificial sweeteners associated with depression, insomnia, neurological diseases and a collection of other illnesses. As of this date, the FDA has received over ten thousand consumer complaints about Aspartame. That’s eighty-percent of all complaints about food additives. This is prompting many health conscious individuals to take a closer look at stevia, an herbal product that is hundreds of times sweeter than sugar, but is known to be helpful for maintaining normal blood sugar levels in healthy individuals. Stevia has zero calories, is totally natural, and adds quite a bit of flavor to natural health drinks without causing problems for the pancreas.
5. Soft drinks are so acidic they have been known to leach aluminum from their own cans when sitting on the shelf too long. Alzheimer patients who have been autopsied register substantial levels of aluminum in their brains. Soft drinks can remove rust from a car bumper or other metal objects. It is easy to visualize the destruction they can do in the digestive tract as well as the rest of the body, including the brain.
Pay attention and you will see the multitude of ways that these bubbly little beverages are destroying the health of too many people, and why natural health drinks are far better for the body than soft drinks.
Author Cliff Everett Smith is part owner of http://www.BestHealthFoodStore.net, the online health food store that offers natural health drinks and concentrated whole foods not typically found in retail stores. Take the store’s free alkaline foods test to determine the balance of alkaline foods and acid foods in your diet.