It’s that time of year again; the NFL draft is just around the corner. NFL rookies will be reporting to rookie camps. NFL players will be reporting to camp and getting ready for the upcoming NFL season. You want to play Yahoo Fantasy Football for free online and you want to know the ropes. Yahoo Fantasy football is a fun, free and easy game to play online. Get your computer and sign up for Yahoo fantasy Football now.
Things you will need
• Internet access
1. Go to Yahoo.com and write Yahoo Fantasy Football in the search bar. Click on the link that brings you to Yahoo Fantasy football. If you are signed into Yahoo, you will automatically be signed into Yahoo Fantasy Football.
2. You will have two choices for free Yahoo Fantasy Football; create a private league or join an existing league and play against other players. If you have enough friends, create the private league, if not click on the button on the right to join an existing league and see how you do against the competition. I have played both private Yahoo Fantasy Football leagues and existing leagues. I have won two times in private leagues and once in public leagues. Both Yahoo Fantasy Football leagues are funs and competitive. I played fantasy football once online and I won $150 dollars.
3. Click on the league type you want to join, for this one we will choose join an existing league, there are three choices under join an existing league in Yahoo Fantasy Football; join custom, browse custom or assign to public. If you are new player choose the assign to public.
4. You will have choices in the assign to public; Make your choices, I usually choose rotisserie, competitive and live online draft. If you are not available for an online draft, choose the live Standard draft. They also have a live auction draft which is new; don’t choose this unless you are an expert Yahoo Fantasy Football participant.
5. If you chose a live draft, you get the option to choose when you will draft your players. Click a day on the calendar and on the bottom; choose a time for your draft. Yahoo fantasy sports will email you when it is close to the time for your draft. You can also write the time down to help you remember.
6. A live draft on Yahoo Fantasy Football is fast and furious. If you don’t know the players, they will be listed in order for you to choose the best players. If you are smart, you will go to sportsline.com or Yahoo sports and check out the best players at each position. You will have to choose a certain amount of players in each position and reserves to fill out your Fantasy Football team. Choosing your favorite players does not guarantee you will win Yahoo Fantasy Football. Stats mean more than player names in the fun game of Fantasy Football.
7. When draft day comes around, you will either be in a live draft or the computer will choose a team for you. If you are new, let the computer choose your team. Sometimes the computer chooses a better team for you than you can choose for yourself. There are also practice drafts to help you understand the process of picking players for your fantasy football team.
8. When you have your team, check out the free agents through your team page. Before the season starts, you can pick up and drop whatever players you want to. When the season starts, Yahoo will automatically match you up against the other teams. The teams with the highest scores make it to the playoffs and the losers stay home. You will be ranked by the computer and you will always know where you stand. Last year, I ended the regular season with an 8-6 record, squeaked into the playoffs, took out the best teams and won the championship in my particular fantasy football league on Yahoo Sports.
9. Your job is to be the team manager of your team. You start the players you believe are the best players on your team. You sit other players that are not doing so good. You drop injured players and make trades with other team managers. Be prepared for when your player’s NFL team has a bye, you will need to replace that player on your fantasy football team.
10. Use Sportsline.com and Yahoo Sports to keep up on injuries of players and to see who is doing the best or is hot. Fantasy Football gets you more involved in NFL football and can actually make the sport more interesting to you.
11. If you have players who are not doing well, pick up free agents to replace them. Treat your Yahoo Fantasy Football team like it is a real NFL team and you are the manager of that team, do the same thing with injured NFL players, if they are hurt they cannot help your fantasy football team.
12. Playing Yahoo Fantasy Football for fun is just as enjoyable as playing for money, but you don’t have to worry about losing your money when you play for free. Gambling over what players might or might not do is not the smartest thing to do in the world. Don’t get mad at the NFL players; they are just doing their jobs. Fantasy Football is for fun and is not a real life situation, treat it as such.
13. The writer of this article has been the champion in Yahoo Fantasy Sports in private and public leagues. He has also played in the past and won money, both are fun, but don’t gamble away any money you do not have.
14. When the season is over, use what you learned to play other Yahoo fantasy sports. If you like NFL football, try out Yahoo Fantasy Football and you may get hooked.
15. This is a guide about how to play Yahoo Fantasy Football. This guide will not make you a winner in your particular league this is up to you to figure out how to become the winner in your league. This takes time, experience and sometimes a bit of luck.
You now know how to play Yahoo Fantasy Football. Go to Yahoo, sign-up and enjoy the competition. You will get out what you put into fantasy football. Enjoy the NFL with a whole new perspective and watch your favorite players as they score points for you.
• You are playing Yahoo Fantasy Football; you are not an NFL player. Enjoy the game and don’t take it too seriously
• Playing Fantasy Football can make NFL football more interesting and can help you learn more about the game and the players playing the game
• Do not gamble your life away, this is just Yahoo Fantasy Football
• The more you learn about players and stats, the better Yahoo Fantasy football player you can become
• If you are logged into your Yahoo email account, you are logged into Yahoo Fantasy sports
• Do not get mad at NFL players, they are just doing their jobs
Yahoo Fantasy Football
Knowledge of Fantasy Sports
Playing fantasy football for years and enjoying every minute