Back pain or backache is a common problem among a lot of people, not just the elderly and middle-aged people but also young people who work for long hours coupled with their busy lifestyle. The back bears most of the body weight and this problem is more pronounced among people who are overweight because in their case, they have to carry the extra load of their excess weight. The various causes for backache include poor posture, lack of exercise, too much stress, muscular tension, etc. Though there are many medicines and other ways to treat back pain, it would be better if preventive measures are taken to avoid back pain in the first place.
With the fast and hectic lifestyles overcoming the serene lifestyles, young professionals are seen complaining about the ailment more than their older counterparts. Let alone working professionals, people across various occupations, especially sport persons, get affected by this discomfort. Very special precautions are taken by these people, but they are not resistant from it. The great cricketing maestro Sachin Tendulkar has also fallen prey to it and had to limit his range of stroke making due to it. Sitting in the same place with the same posture for long hours must be avoided at all costs. Small stretching exercises must be done from time to time to relax your shoulders and back.
Here are some home remedies to help you deal with this problem:
* Deficiency of vitamin C makes one prone to backache. Therefore, increase the vitamin C intake in your diet.
* Apply a towel that has been squeezed after being soaked in hot salted water, on the back. Application of heat in this way will provide relief.
* Do not sit in the same position for several hours. Also, sit straight and do not stoop. A poor posture will only worsen your back pain.
* If you are overweight, the first thing you should do is lose excess weight because then your back won’t have to bear extra pressure.
* Massage your back with garlic oil and eucalyptus oil to seek relief from pain and inflammation.
* Drink a glass of warm water mixed with a tablespoon of honey to soothe back pain.