Our body is full of quite amazing facts which are unknown to us. Some of those facts are as follows :
- BLOOD: An adult man’s bodycontains about 5 liters of blood .A woman contains about 4.3 liters. The blood travels along 100,000km of blood vessels, which is equal to 2.5 times going round the equator. The life span of red cells is only 120 days. Red cells are made and destroyed at a rate of 2-3 million per second.
- BRAIN POWER: luckily we have 100 billion brain cells. Out of which, we lose 100,000 brain cells every day.
- GAS: on average, we release 2 liters of gas from our intestines in the form of burps or farts.
- HAIR: hair grows about 0.5mm a day.
- HEARTBEATS: our heart pumps 13,640 liters of blood in our body per day to fill nearly 40,000 drink cans. We suffer from 70 beats a minute adds up to more than 100.000 beat a day.
- MOUTH: we produce 37,800 liters of saliva in our lifetime.
- BREATHING: an average person inhales 6 liters of air per minute. Or 8640 liters per day. We take 13-17 breaths a minute while sitting and up to 80 during exercise. We breathe 28,800 times a day.
- CELLS: there are 50 trillion cells in our body and 3 billion of them die every minute. Most of these are replaced. We make 10 billion new white blood cells each day. We have a total of 1,000,000,000 white cells. These help us to fight germs and infections.
- EYES: we blink about 20,000 times a day.
- SWEAT: we lose about 0.5 liters of water a day through 3,000,000 sweat glands. In hot climates we may even lose much as 13.5 liters per day.
- NOSE: your sneezes can travel at 160km/h-as fast as a train.
- NERVES: there are about 13,000,000,000,000 nerve cells in our body transmitting messages at speeds of 290km/h.
- SLEEP: in 7.5 hours of sleep, you will sleep lightly for 60 percent of the time and deeply for 18 percent. We also dream for 20 percent of the time.
- URINE: we pass between 400 and 2,000 milliliters of urine per day. Depending on our age, our body size and the climatic conditions, especially temperature.
These are the few of the amazing facts our body has , which we don’t know ….
For more of those interesting posts visit my new blog