- You can go to sleep listening to music or the television. When you sleep with someone, they probably will complain about that cd that you put on when you go to bed. Or that you snore. Or that your dog sleeps with you. When you are single, none of these things matter.
- You don’t have to go out just to do something. In a relationship, you have to go out together and seek entertainment. If you are single, you can just sit around and do whatever you want. You don’t have to go to the opera or to some concert just because your mate wants you to.
- Your bad habits aren’t a nuisance. Maybe you smoke too much or drink too much. If you are single, nobody will complain about your bad habits. If you are lazy, nobody will tell you to get off of the couch. You can basically live with your bad habits without the pressure of being told that you have to reform yourself.
- You can stink. If you had beans for dinner, no problem! If you forgot to put deoderant on, who cares?
- Your time is your own. You can plan your own time without interference. You can go where you want to go, when you want to go there. You can spend all day on your hobbies. You can spend endless hours glued to the internet or some video game. Nobody will mind.
- You can meet other people. Nobody is to say that your friends are no good for you. You can meet them whenever you want and nobody will complain. Your best friend can still be your best friend. You can meet people of the opposite sex and have friendships with them without jealousy arising.
- You don’t have to be rich. A lot of times, having a partner means you have to make a lot of money to keep them happy. If you are single, you can just get by. You don’t have to have that dream job just to make your mate content.
- No family problems. It is quite often that your family will disapprove of your partner or vice versa. Now you can hang out with your family without anyone complaining. That’s definitely a reason to be single.