Forgot Windows 7 password? And looking for some ways to reset your Windows 7 password?
Setting a strong and unusual password for your computer is a nice way to protect computer, but one thing might be terrible – we could forget our Windows log on password. Then what to do if we are locked out of computer? The following will show you 2 efficient methods to reset a forgotten Windows 7 password.
Method I: Create a Windows 7 password reset disk
If you want to set a password for your Windows 7, you should also consider to create a password reset disk at the same time in case of forgetting your Windows 7 password. Follow the steps below:
1. Insert a USB flash drive or floppy into computer.
2. Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button, Control Panel, User Accounts and Family Safety, User Accounts.
3. In the left pane, click Create a password reset disk, and then Forgotten Password Wizard will come up.
4. Click Next and then follow the instructions to create a password reset disk to get rid of troubles resulted from forgetting Windows 7 password.
Also you can follow the steps on how to use Windows 7 password reset disk to reset your forgotten Windows 7 password.
After you create a Windows 7 password reset disk, it is no longer for you to worry about forgetting Windows 7 password. If not, just start to create one following the above steps. Don’t think it is none of your business. When you find you need a password reset disk, it may be too late for you as you are locked out of computer and unable to create a password reset disk. But there still has a good solution for you to create one to reset lost or forgotten Windows 7 password.
Method II: Create a bootable password recovery disk
Windows Password Breaker is designed to reset lost forgotten Windows password for Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 and Server 2003/2008, which can also help you create such a password recovery bootable disk to reset Windows 7 password, you need a blank CD/DVD or a USB. Then follow the steps:
Step 1. Download Windows Password Breaker Professional and install it.
Step 2. Burn a bootable password recovery CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
Step 3. Set your locked computer to boot from CD/DVD or USB.
Step 4. Reset your forgotten Windows 7 password.
The created Windows 7 password recovery disk can safely and easily reset forgotten Windows 7 password, it saves you much more time and trouble than reinstalling Windows OS, and won’t lose any data on your computer.
Set a strong password to protect your Windows 7 PC
Refer to protect a computer, a strong Windows password is a good option in addition to firewall and anti-virus software. Default passwords such as password, root, admin or no password will allow easy access to your computer or your Internet account. And the following are some tips for setting a strong Windows 7 password.
1. At least 8 characters long. 16 characters long is said to be very safe.
2. When creating a password, add numbers or other characters to the password to make it more difficult to guess.
3. Significantly different from previous passwords.
4. Do not contain your user name, real name, or company name, birthday and telephone number.
5. Do not contain a complete word.
After creating a strong Windows password, it doesn’t mean that things are OK. For security reasons, it is better to change the password often. It is recommended at least once every few months. Moreover, a password reset disk in case of lost Windows 7 password is also highly recommended. The password can be easily erased in seconds while it can be simply forgotten or lost.