Types of Pulse
There are six different types of pulse.These are:
- Bigeminal Pulse.This type of pulse is one in which two regular beats are followed by a longer pause than normal.
- Collapsing Pulse.It is the pulse which strikes feebly against the finger then, subsides abruptly.
- Corrigan’s pulse or the Water Hammer Pulse.This type is a jerky pulse with a full expansion followed by sudden collapse.
- Dicrotic Pulse.It is a pulse which has two marked palpable in one beat of the artery
- Labile Pulse.It is the pulse in which its rate and other characteristics are normal when patient is resting, but increases when he sits up, stands, or exercises.
- Wiry Pulse.It is a pulse that is small, tense and upon palpitation, it feels like a cord or wire.