Squash is a tropical vegetable that are available all year round and can be cooked in so many ways. Every country and culture has a different versions and unique ways to cooked this nutritious vegetables on their tables. Here is my own version in cooking squash in soup. Its easy to prepare and doesn’t require so much time and energy.
1 bowl of chopped squash
1 stalk of lemon grass
3 cloves garlic
1 medium size onions sliced on your desired cut
1-2 eggs whisk it
1 cup of low sodium liquid/cube chicken broth
1 medium size bell pepper
3 tbs, olive oil
4 cups of water or more..
1 stalk of shallots or spring onions for garnish.
1 medium size ginger sliced at your desired cut.
a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
3 tbs cornstarch mixed in water.
How To Cook
1. Put 3 tablespoon of olive oil on a hot pan and suit garlic, onions until they smell good add ginger and your squash mix them well.
2. Add a little bit of water to the mixture and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the squash soften.
3. Mash the squash and add more water, add the chicken broth and the lemon grass stalks and simmer for 1 minutes.
4. Add your liquid cornstarch, egg and bell pepper.
5 Simmer for 1 minutes until the soup thickened as you desired.
6. Add the salt, pepper to taste and removed the lemon grass stalk on the soup.
7. Then serve hot and put chopped shallots or springs onions on top and your soup is ready for hungry mouths.
Hope you like my recipe and you can try this anytime you want. Its healthy and delicious.