This dish of fish is popular in the Philippines. The sweet and sour sauce makes the fried fish tastes really delicious.
It is best served with hot rice. Below is my simple way of preparing it.m
1 big milk fish (1 kilogram)
1 onion (sliced)
2 green onions (sliced)
2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
1/4 cup vinegar
½ teaspoon salt
4 cloves garlic (crushed)
2 pieces bell pepper (cut into strips)
1 tablespoon ginger (cut into strips)
1 medium-size carrot (cut into strips)
2 tablespoon cornstarch
¼ cup water
- Clean the fish. Remove the gills, innards, and scales.
- Rub the clean fish with pepper.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large pan.
- Deep fry the whole fish until it turns golden brown.
- Set aside the fried fish and let it cool.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, bell pepper, ginger, and carrot.
- Add all the ingredients except corn starch.
- Add the cornstarch (dispensed in ¼ cup water).
- Boil and stir to prevent lumps.
- When the sauce becomes translucent, put off the fire.
- Pour the sauce into a container and add the fried fish.
It can be eaten while still hot but it tastes really good when placed inside the refrigerator for few hours to marinate the fried milk fish with the sweet and sour mixture.