How to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss – 10 Steps to Losing 20 Lbs in Your First Month
So you want to lose weight but you have lots of questions. How do you start? What do you do? How do you keep yourself motivated? Will you starve?
What if I were to tell you that there was a very simple and easy way for you to start losing weight today – no pills, no fuss, no hassle? Would you be interested?
Okay no more suspense. Here are the ten steps to getting thinner faster:
1. Understand why you want to get thinner and how fast you want to do it. Do you have a special date to meet or you just want to get healthy? The reason “WHY” is a very important motivator.
2. Visualize yourself at your ideal weight – What would you look like? How would you feel? How would others react when they see you in your new, thinner body? Feels good, right? This will help keep you on track.
3. Next, find out where you are now. What body type are you? (Knowing your body type will help you understand what types of foods you should be consuming – eat the wrong foods for your body type and you will get fatter.); What is your Body Mass Index (BMI)? (Your BMI indicates how much weight you should be targeting to lose.); What is your ideal daily consumption for your weight? (This will indicate your targeted caloric intake per day.) Sounds complicated? It’s not. With a little help, you can determine the answers to these questions quite easily.
4. Our next step is to formulate a meal program. Now that you know what to eat and how much of it you need – you can mix and match foods to get a good, well balanced meal plan for every day – eating real foods, not processed, harmful foods.
5. Now that you have a meal plan – we need to get you moving. You don’t have to engage in any heavy exercise at first – just a simple 30 minute brisk walk every day will get your metabolism moving. Then you can start using advanced techniques to speed up your weight loss.
6. We also need to get you the right amount of sleep. Lack of sleep is one of the contributing factors for weight gain as it supports the production of hormones like Cortisol and Ghrelin which supports fat gain. You need to sleep at least 8 hours a day in order to combat these negative effects.
7. You need to cleanse your body and detox before any beginning weight loss efforts. If you’ve never cleansed yourself before, don’t worry – this is simply preparing your body to be ready to accept the nutrients from the healthy foods that you will be eating and also help you to process them faster and better. After a three to five day cleaning program, don’t be surprised if you’ve lost 5 – 10 lbs.
8. We need you to visualize yourself at your ideal weight every day. This may sound “hairy fairy” but it works. Your subconscious mind is very powerful and very effective in helping you lose weight. If you don’t engage it in this process, you could be “shooting yourself in the foot”.
9. You need to drink at least 8 -10 glasses of water a day, preferably with a squeeze of lemon. How do you do that?
10. Avoid alcohol, teas and coffee and processed foods during your dietary period. They will simply inhibit your weight loss.
There that’s it. Follow this simple program and you will lose weight.