It is possible to make money through affiliate programs. In fact, it is possible to make a livable income on the internet through affiliate programs. I know some people who have been doing it on a monthly basis.
What does Making Money Through Affiliate Programs require?
Just like my friend asked, this does not require joining many affiliate programs to make it. What you require to make livable income through affiliate programs is simple. I will just list a few things you have to note and act upon and you are home and dry:
1. Join one affiliate program at a time – Join one affiliate program for now and promote it. The company may have many affiliate products in their fold. Promote only the ones you can, maybe just one.
2. Promote the affiliate program you have joined consistently. Do not expect sales in the first few weeks to avoid disappointment.
3. When you start making sales, promote more by writing articles, blogs and other free methods of promotion.
4. When sales become consistent, you can plough back some of your income into paid promotion methods like ppc ads
5. When sales become consistent and high and stable, think of adding another affiliate program within the same industry and use the experience you got from building the previous one to build it up fast.
By this time you already know what works. Therefore, instead of starting small, you may just promote the second and subsequent affiliate programs or products with ppc and other paid methods. However, you can still write articles to promote your affiliate products.
If you follow the above, you will make a livable income on the internet promoting affiliate programs as a home based business.