Dragon Age: Origins is one of the best PC role-playing games of all time; with advance AI the battles require a lot of strategy and some can be very difficult. The codes below should be used sparingly. Please note that you should always back up any files you are amending as any changes you make could damage the game.
How to enable cheats on Dragon Age:
- Find the file ‘daorigins.exe in the folder C:\Program Files\Dragon Age\bin_ship or C:\Program Files (x86)\Dragon Age\bin_ship
- Right Click the file and select ‘Send to’ ‘Desktop’
- Right click on the desktop shortcut and amend the target by adding –enabledeveloperconsole the target will be either “C:\Program Files (x86)\Dragon Age\bin_ship\daorigins.exe” –enabledeveloperconsole or “C:\Program Files\Dragon Age\bin_ship\daorigins.exe” -enabledeveloperconsole
You should be able to load the game and press the ~ key (do not use shift) – the console will be active but will be invisible – type in the cheat codes – if the character moves or inventories pop-up then something went wrong. In this case you might want to change the cheat key.
Changing the key to use to activate console:
- Right click on the keybinding.ini file in the folder My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings\ and select edit.
- Find the line OpenConsole_0=Keyboard::Button_Grave and change it to OpenConsole_0=Keyboard::Button_Z”
This time when you load the game you’d press the Z button to activate the console.
In the console, use the following codes (be careful when typing) press enter when done:
- runscript addxp X – Adds XP
- runscript zz_money X – Adds copper
- runscript pc_immortal – Infinite health
- runscript zz_addparty NPCname – Add party member by name
- runscript ai off – Turns off AI
- runscript selectparty -loads the party selection screen.
- runscript chargen – Origin screen r
- unscript killallhostiles – Kill all enemies
- runscript zz_addapproval X Y -Add approval to a character
- runscript zz_addparty – Add player beyond party limit
- runscript healplayer – Heal party
- runscript bowlingforferelden – Knocks back enemies and adds a shield
- runscript zz_dropparty – Removes entire party
- runscript zz_talk_nearest – Talk to nearest NPC
- runscript zz_pre_strategy – Teleport party to Duncan’s fire in Ostagar
- runscript zz_pre_demo2 – Teleport party to Ostagar
- runscript wizard – Become a Level 2 Mage
- runscript rogue – Become a level 2 Rogue
- runscript warrior – Become a Level 2 Warrior
- runscript addtalent X – Add talent or spell
Character Codes for use in above cheats where applicable:
1 – Alistair; 3 – Morrigan; 5 – Shale; 6 – Sten; 7 – Zevran ; 9 – Eiliana
Talent Codes for use in above cheats where applicable:
1 – Shield Pummell ; 3 – Critical Strike; 4 – Sunder Armor; 7 – Punisher; 9 – Riposte; 10 – Cripple; 11 – Dual Striking; 12 – Shield Wall; 13 – Shield Cover; 19 – Precise Striking; 20 – Perfect Striking; 25 – Holy Smite; 28 – Imdomitable; 33 – Defensive Fire; 38 – Assault
Note: the console will also work in Awakening, however not all of the cheats work.