When you surf the web and access internet websites with your internet browser, your browser will store or Cache information it receives from all of the internet sites. This information is stored so that when you hit the backspace your data will remain on the web page; this makes your browser work faster. On the other hand, all this information stored in your Cache will slow down your computer and will eventually make your internet surfing a hassle because your computer becomes slow as a snail. To speed up your computer you will need to clear the cache in Mozilla Firefox.
What You Will Need
• The latest version of Mozilla Firefox
• The ability to follow simple instructions
1. Open up your Mozilla Firefox browser and look for the tools bar on the top left side of your browser. Click on the tools button and scroll all the way down to options, click on options and wait for the internet options box to open up on your computer.
2. In the internet options box, you will see a costume party mask that says privacy, click on this mask. This will bring up another part of the internet options box. You have not cleared the cache on your Mozilla Firefox yet.
3. Click on the clear your recent history right in the middle of the browsing history box, a smaller box will pop up. Click all of the boxes to make sure you are deleting everything that is stored on your computer. There are six boxes you must click to clear the cache in Mozilla Firefox; Browsing and Download history, form and search history, cookies, cache, active logins and site preferences.
4. Make sure you click all six of the boxes to completely clear the cache in Mozilla Firefox. If you have any passwords on your computer that you do not remember, make sure you write down these passwords before completing the process.
5. Click the clear now button on the bottom of the box. Mozilla Firefox will automatically delete all the information in your cache. The last step is to click OK on the box that remains. You have finished the process of clearing your cache on Mozilla Firefox. The Internet options box will disappear and the process of clearing the cache in Mozilla Firefox is complete
• Make sure you clear the cache on Mozilla Firefox at least once a week, more often if you use your computer all of the time.
• This is only one step that will help speed up your computer
• Clearing your cache on Mozilla Firefox is very important and many people never think about it until they have the slowest computer on the face of the earth.
• Computers don’t fix themselves
• Mozilla Firefox has better security than internet explorer, but you still need to clear the cache in Mozilla Firefox to keep your computer running smoothly