How to write a resume cover letter? Why is it required when the details are mentioned in the resume? Does the employer read the cover letter? What specific can be written in a resume cover letter? These are the questions which arise in mind many times. Before going into further part of description, let us understand the fact, that resume cover letter is important and essential too.
Resume cover letter should be short still meaningful. The prospective employer goes through the resume letter before he/she reads your resume. So he/she should be clear about what is your motive behind applying for a particular job.
Format of Resume Cover Letter
- If you are sending your resume by e-mail, remember to mention the relevant subject, so that the receiver would understand the reason for correspondence
- Salutation carries lot of significance, so if you know the name and designation of the person, it is better to address him/her by name. If you do not know the name of the concerned person, you can address as sir/madam. It is not recommended to mention, ‘to whom so ever it may concern’.
- Write the purpose for which you are applying. Mention the job code and the allied details if asked. Do not repeat the information which you have already mentioned in your resume. This will simply waste the space of the cover letter. So do not include educational details in the cover letter.
- In the later section, you can write about the skills and abilities that are suited for particular job.
- In the concluding paragraph, write about your eagerness to grab the opportunity in the reputed employer concern
Once you are through with writing part of the cover letter, you can attach the resume or any other attachments asked by the employer.