Sunday, December 17

Hair Loss Causes And Treatment

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Hair loss in men can occur at any time. Many men first notice the signs of hair thinning and baldness as they approach their 30’s. Male pattern baldness usually develops gradually, involving the appearance of a bald spot on the crown of the scalp accompanied by thinning at the temples.

There is a wide range of male hair loss causes but the majority of men lose their hair due to inherited genes and the normal aging process, but there are other causes as well. The following are the common causes:

Male Pattern Baldness

Up to 90% of all male hair loss is due to male pattern baldness, also called androgenetic alopecia. In this situation, the cause of hair loss is due to genes inherited from the father, the mother, or both. The older a man gets the more likely balding is to occur, although some men begin to lose their hair as early as their late teens or early twenties.

Why exactly is it that hair loss occurs? The answer is a chemical called dehydrotestosterone, or DHT. It is a male hormone that collects and builds up around hair follicles, eventually causing the follicle and the hair growing out of it to be killed. As DHT levels rise with aging, more and more follicles are affected by it and hair loss becomes more pronounced.

Other Hair Loss Causes In Men

If 90% of hair loss in men is due to genes and aging, what about the other 10% of men who have lost or are losing their hair? For these men the causes of hair loss can range from medical conditions to damage caused by extreme hairstyles or harsh hair care. Examples can include:

Medication – Some anti-depressants, blood thinners and medications for the treatment of gout can cause hair loss, as can excess Vitamin A. Chemotherapy medications also often cause hair loss.

Severe Illness/Surgery – The body undergoes tremendous stress during a severe illness or major surgery, often causing hair loss within three to four months following the illness or surgery.

Disease – Hair loss in males can be the cause of an undiagnosed medical condition such as lupus or diabetes, or a fungal infection of the scalp.

Hormones – The human body contains an assortment of hormones, both male and female, that can become imbalanced and cause hair loss. Hormonal problems due to an overactive or underactive thyroid gland can also lead to hair loss.

There are so many hair loss remedies available on the market today. The safest and the most effective method are to take herbal hair loss pills. But some are not sure on the way they are going to bring a remedy to the hair loss problem. For details, please visit Hair Loss Causes and Treatment or http://www.hairlossofmen.com/

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply