Why Get a Robot Vacuum Cleaner?
We all want our houses to be nice and clean, but we don’t always have time to spend cleaning them. If you’re a busy person, you just might not have the time or energy to get your manual vacuum cleaner out. However, not all of us have the spare money to pay a cleaner either. This is where a robotic floor cleaner comes in useful.
On a robotic vacuum, you can just put it on the floor, hit the start button, and off it goes, cleaning round all your bits of furniture. So while that’s doing all the work for you, you can just sit back and relax, or get busy doing something more important.
However, if you’re the strange kind of person who really enjoys cleaning, you must stop reading this article, because it will be of no interest to you at all.
Features of a Robotic Floor Cleaner
It goes without saying that some floor cleaners are better than others. When deciding on a new robotic cleaner, keep an eye out for these features:
- Fully Automatic: you’re not going to want to spend time with fiddly settings and controls, you just want to be able to set it going and let it get on with it, automatically detecting obstacles and moving round them where necessary.
- Easy to Empty: all good vacuum cleaners should be easy to empty, and that goes for robotic ones too.
- Versatile: you want your new floor cleaner to be able to clean more than just one type of floor surface. Try to find one that will be able to automatically detect what surface it is on and will be able to clean it accordingly.
- Durable: you don’t want your new robotic floor cleaner to stop working just a few months after you get it, so check to see what previous customers have to say about whether it stands the test of time.
Top Robot Vacuum Cleaner Makes & Their Product Ranges
Robot floor cleaners are a very specific type of product, so there are only a few companies that specialise in making them. Still, here are the main brands to look for:
- iRobot: $180-$550. The top brand of robotic vacuum cleaners, iRobot have a decent assortment of products across a broad price spectrum.
- iTouchless: $150-$230. A small selection of robotic vacuum cleaners.
- P3: $39-$150. Quite a small selection of low-cost robot floor cleaners.