High school is a very crucial stage in anyone’s life. This is when we shape up our dreams and decide on what we want to pursue in life. Our graduation is the starting point of our journey towards our dreams. To inspire us more, here is a compilation of the ten best high school graduation quotes.
10. “There is a good reason they call these ceremonies “commencement exercises.” Graduation is not the end; it’s the beginning.” – Orrin Hatch
Graduation marks the various stages in our lives from childhood to adolescence to adulthood. Similar to rites of passage, graduation is a celebration for the beginning and elevation to another stage coupled with higher responsibilities. High school graduation sends us off to adulthood and independence to decide what to do with our lives. Hopefully, every graduate decides to go to college and study the course of our choice.
9. “The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.” – Aristotle
We passed the exams, recitations, endless term papers and projects which grew harder every year. At the end of it all, we receive a piece of paper commending all our efforts and call us graduates. Our diploma serves as our passport to great colleges and other opportunities that will help us reach our dreams.
8. “If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.” – William Arthur Ward
I believe that every success begins with a dream. High school gives us the opportunity to explore our possibilities, hone our talents and guides us as we make decision for our future. This is where we gear up to focus in reaching those dreams.
7. “All our dreams can come true…if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
No dream will be too big for anyone with the passion and perseverance to reach them.
6. “Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Some graduates make decisions based on popular choices. Some chose their college either because most of their friends are going there or their parents want them to go there. The same thing happens with choosing which course to take. These decisions may either be helpful to us or not at all. Because the deciding point in this choices should be you and where your passion is. This quote challenges us to pursue our dreams no matter how unpopular it is with our parents or peers.
5. “It is indeed ironic that we spend our school days yearning to graduate and our remaining days waxing nostalgic about our school days.” –Isabel Waxman
In doing our exams and projects, we all wish they would end. But when that day finally comes, we all wish we could do more of them. Of course, it is not the exams per se that we will miss but the experiences we had with our classmates and friends as we prepare and finishes them. We cherish these experiences more knowing that we will be leaving them behind and prepare ourselves to new experiences with new sets of friends.
4. “An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
Value each courses we take up in college may they be formal or informal, even those we learn while hanging out with friends. We never know when they will come handy.
3. “Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.” – Johann von Goethe
A diploma does not guarantee success. In order to succeed, we must materialize our dreams otherwise it will be gone like a puff of smoke.
2. “Never, never, never give up.” – Winston Churchill
Reaching our dreams will never be an easy ride and college will be an obstacle course. Nevertheless we must prepare ourselves for it, hold on to our dreams and never give up no matter how rough the road will be.
1. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
High school is over and our dreams are set. Armed with the knowledge and experiences we gained, may every graduate go forward towards their dream and achieve them in full colors and happiness.
Sayings and Quotes. www.sayingsnquotes.com
Great Inspirational Quotes. www.great-inspirational-quotes
My Inspirational Quotes. www.my-inspirational-quotes.com