1) Junk food will make acne come out. Wrong! You cannot solely blame the pizza, chocolate, soda or any other junk food for the outbreak because it has never been fully proven to cause this. This does not imply that you should continue consuming all the junk food you want! A healthy diet is beneficial for everyone, and it helps you feel better, too.
2) Acne will go away if you keep washing it. Wrong! In reality washing your face more than two times a day or scrubbing it with facial pads or wash cloths will only worsen the situation. Acne treatment requires gentle washing with mild soap and thoroughly rinsing it.
3) Sweat clears the pores. Wrong! A combination of body sweat and sebum can worsen certain conditions for some acne sufferers. Take a shower right away after any sports activity and wear loose garments.
4) Cosmetics always cause acne. Not necessarily. Mostcosmetic productsnowadays are relentless to avoid the clogging of the skin pores. So this is no longer the problem. But do not wear make-up during exercise and during sleep as this can cause some skin problems.
5) Stress causes acne. Not totally! To a certain extent, yes, because stress could trigger off some hormones, which could worsen the situation. But it is not the only cause.
6) You cannot cure acne. But it can be treated. There are lots of various acne treatments available for every skin type. It is best to consult your dermatologist or doctor before starting your acne treatment program.
7) Sunbathing will help eliminate acne. Wrong! It can even worsen it in time. Although a tan may give the effect that your skin looks nicer, but it certainly will not help treat acne.
8) Spot acne treatment works. Not for long! To make the treatment fully effective, the entire face has to be treated. Most of the facial problems are formed beneath the skin. So treating in only from the top of the spot is just a waste of money and effort.
9) You will outgrow acne. Wrong! Acne is treatable, so don’t delay. See a doctor as soon as possible.
10) It’s only an outward appearance concern. Well yes. It is not life-threatening. But having acne outbreak can definitely affect you in terms of your self-esteem and your self-confidence.
Take note: Don’t pick or squeeze your pimples. Keep your hands away from your face. Find a solution and stick with your acne treatment program. Do not over wash and overscrub your skin.