If you’re looking to find the best home theatre system then you have definitely come to the right place. Here we will take a look at the basic features that all home theatre systems should have. We will then take a look at some additional features which are good to look out for. We will then finish with a look at the main home theatre brands.
The Main Features of a Home Theater
There are many different features that your new home theatre system could have, but there are some things which your home theater should definitely not be without:
· 5.1 Audio Channels: if you want to experience full surround sound, make sure you get 5.1. What does this mean? Well basically it means that you get five full-frequency audio channels plus one bass-frequency channel.
· DVD/CD Player: obviously, you want to be able to play your favourite movies and songs, so you definitely need a DVD/CD player.
· TV: if you’re planning to use your home theatre system for anything more than just music, then you need to make sure you have a good TV. Nonetheless, it must be noted that many home theatre systems do not automatically come with a TV, so it is assumed that you’ve already got one or will get a new one separately.
Additional Features of a Home Theater
The above features describe the minimum you need to get a high quality sound and video experience. However, here are some more features that are worth looking out for:
· 3D Video Capabilities: with 3D all the rage these days, and with lots of 3D televisions being released, you might want to check whether your new system will be able to support 3D.
· Bass Enhancement: if you’re going to be watching lots of action films or playing lots of loud music on your new system, then you want to make sure it’s able to produce really good bass sounds.
· Access to Internet Content: these days there’s so much entertainment available via the internet, it’s worth looking to see whether your new system will enable you to play videos and music from the internet.
· Connectivity with Other Devices: What kind of connections will your new home theater have? You want maximum connectivity, because then you will be able to link your new system up to your computer or even other devices like MP3 players for example.
The Most Important Home Theater Makes
· Sony: $50-$1,000. Very large range of products to suit all requirements and budgets.
· Samsung: $99-$798. A decent assortment of products across a fairly large price range.
· Yamaha: $121-$1297. A wide choice of high quality products.
· Onkyo: $99-$1,000. A decent collection of products across a large spectrum of prices.
· Panasonic: $75-$550. Another decent variety of products.
· LG: $225-$1,000. Not very many products in this range, but they are high quality.
· Coby: $44-$141. Only a small range, and all of the lower budget end.