Looking to buy a new exercises DVD? Not sure which one to get? If you answered “yes” to both those questions, you need to read this article. This article will take a look at the main benefits of using fitness DVDs, the kinds of exercise, and the top personal trainers to look out for when buying a fitness DVD.
Benefits of Using Workout Videos
· Convenience: do your workouts in the comfort of your own home, at whatever time best suits you and your daily schedule.
· Low Cost: once you’ve got the video, you won’t need to pay any more money like you would if you were attending exercise classes every week.
· Weight Training: if you want to build up your muscles and improve your body shape, this is for you.
· Dance Fitness: a great fun way to improve your fitness whilst enjoying yourself.
· Walking: a great form of exercise that is totally free and great for all-round fitness and wellbeing. Great for people who live in rural areas, especially if it’s hilly.
· Aerobics: a type of physical exercise that combines rhythmic aerobic exercise with stretching and strength training routines with the goal of improving all elements of fitness (muscular strength, cardio-vascular fitness and flexibility).
· Pilates: a physical fitness system invented by Joseph Pilates in the early 20th century. The goal of the method is to increase flexibility, strength and body control.
· Yoga: this ancient set of mental and physical disciplines originates from India. Many people associate the word “yoga” merely with the stretching and toning exercises, but yoga is much more than this.
· Exercise Ball: an inflatable ball is used as part of the equipment for a variety of exercises, for example athletic training, physical therapy and even weight training. Some people try to tone their abdominal muscles just by replacing their chair with the ball, due to the way this constantly engages the core muscles.
· Stretching: exercises that seek to deliberately elongate a specific skeletal muscle or muscle group so that elasticity and tone are improved.
· Kickboxing: like Dance Fitness, this is also a fantastic fun way to improve your fitness.
· Pregnancy Workouts: a set of exercises tailored specifically for a pregnant woman, taking into consideration the care of the developing baby and the range of movements that are safe and comfortable for the woman to do.
· Tai Chi Chuan: translated literally as “Supreme ultimate Fist”, this form of exercise is actually an ancient Chinese martial art, and is practised both for its defence training and health benefits.
Major Exercise Trainers to Get
Of course, there are many different fitness instructors with their own workout DVDs, but some are better than others. Here is a short list of the biggest names in fitness training. You will probably recognise some of these names from their appearances on TV.
· Jillian Michaels: A popular American personal trainer from Los Angeles, California. Known mainly for her apppearances on television shows such as The Biggest Loser and Losing It With Jillian, she has quite a forceful approach and won’t let anyone give up without a fight. There are 202 exercise DVDs in her range.
· Bob Harper: Another American fitness instructor, this time from Nashville. He has also appeared on TV a lot, including The Biggest Loser alongside Jillian Michaels. There are 39 videos in his range.
· Jackie Warner: an American fitness trainer from Fairborn, Ohio. She is most widely known for the TV show Work Out, and she has a total of 38 workout DVDs.
· Leslie Sansone: A fitness expert whose spciality is walking. If losing weight and generally getting more in shape are your goals, rather than toning up and developing your muscles, then her videos are ideal. There are 119 videos in her range.
· Denise Austin: American fitness instructor, author, columnist, and former member of the President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports. She has 86 exercise videos available.