6 tulip blossoms
pinch of salt
4 T sour cream
2 T chives, chopped
pinch of dill (or more if you love it as much as me )
pinch of tarragon (again depending on how much you love it)
Wash each tulip carefully and pat gently to dry.
The ingredients in the list are to make egg salad!! Bet you didn’t expect that did you?? Anyway, make up the egg salad and then gently stuff into each tulip. Place one on a salad plate arranged with fresh veggies! Enjoy 🙂 Sure makes a nice change from an egg salad sandwich!!
1 tablespoon equals 3 tsps
2 tablespoons equals 1 ounce
4 tablespoons equals ¼ cup
5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon equals 1/3 of a cup
8 tablespoons equals ½ cup
12 tablespoons equal ¾ cup
16 tablespoons equal 1 cup
4 cups equals 1 quart
4 quarts equals 1 gal
1 cup semi sweet chocolate pieces equals 1 – 6 ounce package
2 cups granulated sugar equals 1 pound of sugar
4 cups sifted confectioners sugar equals 1 pound of confectioners sugar
2 ¼ cup pack brown sugar equals 1 pound brown sugar
3 cups raisins equal 1 fifteen ounce pack
3 cups of shredded coconut equals a half pound of shredded coconut
3 to 4 tablespoon lemon juice equals one lemon
1. Put on an apron before you begin baking
2. Read the recipe twice… chances are you will miss something first time around.
3. Place a sheet of paper over the recipe page that you aren’t using. Trust me, it is very easy to start following the directions of the wrong recipe.
4. Place all ingredients on the counter ahead of time. That way you will know if you have every ingredient you need.
5. Keep all of your measuring cups and spoons in one drawer. It’s easier to find them that way! And you might want to have more than one set. Again, it just makes things that much easier.
Cleaning the Kitchen
1. Fill the sink with hot soapy water and as you use items, drop them in the water to soak.
2. When you are taking items out of the refrigerator, spot check to see if any shelves need to be wiped down. Doing it on a regular basis makes the job that much easier.
3. Same goes for the stove. Wipe the surface every time you use it and check the oven as well. Burnt on spills wipe up easier if they haven been baked on numerous times.