Usually, it can result in serious troubles if someone forgot Windows password accidently. Of course, users are able to performWindows password recoveryif they have created a password reset disk with a USB flash drive in advance. But the problem is that many users always forgot to create a password reset disk. Have you ever confronted from the dilemma and could do nothing with a Windows password reset disk?
In that case, you can create a bootable USB flash dive toreset Windows password. Here shows you how to create a bootable USB flash drive to reset a forgotten or unknown Windows password.
How to create a bootable USB drive?
To create a bootable USB flash drive to reset Windows password, you need to find a third-party –Windows password recoverytool. Here it is highly recommended you Windows Password Unlocker, safe and reliable Windows password recovery software toreset Windows passwordin a few minutes.
- Step 1. Download and install Windows Password Unlocker Professional in any available computer.
- Step 2. Run it and insert a USB flash drive in computer.
- Step 3. Select your target USB drive and click theBurnbutton to start burning an ISO image file to the USB drive.
- Step 4. ClickYesto confirm and continue your operation.
- Step 5. ClickOkwhen the burning task is completed.
- Step 6. Remove the USB flash drive from computer.
How to reset Windows password with bootable USB drive?
After that, you can use the burned USB flash drive to reset Windows password like this, just follow these steps:
- Step 1. Insert the bootable USB drive to the locked computer
- Step 2. Set the computer to boot from the USB flash drive.
- Step 3. Select your target user account in the user names list and clickResetbutton to start Windows password recovery.
- Step 4. ClickOKwhen the lost password is successfully reset. The computer will restart automatically. Please remove the USB flash drive from computer during rebooting.
- Step 5. Log on to computer without password.
Some Tips on Windows Password Recovery
For security and convenience, it is better for you create a password reset disk when creating a Windows password. It only takes you no more than 1 minute.
- 1. ClickStartand select Control Panel.
- 2. ClickUser Accounts and Family Safetyand then clickUser Accounts.
- 3. ClickCreate a password reset diskon the left-pane.
- 4. The forgotten password wizard will come up. Insert a USB flash drive in computer and then click Next to follow the wizard to create the password reset disk.
Once you enter a wrong password on the Windows logon screen, find the Password Reset option under the password box. Click it to pop up the password reset wizard and follow the guidance to reset Windows password. Please remember to store the password disk in a safe place as everyone gets it in hand can reset your Windows password through it easily.