Using information technology to support business activities and the marketing is a topical subject premium for many companies. Faced with markets becoming more competitive, with consumers increasingly demanding and increasingly restricted reference segments, organizations must find new ways to gain competitive advantages and make a profit. Many institutions have realized that the operation of programs to assist sales and marketing activities may lead to increased sales, lower costs and diversify services to customers, thus ensuring their loyalty.
Typically, sales and marketing department is the last company in terms of computerization. However, in the last ten years have seen huge progress in the field, as the benefits of using information technology in marketing activities have become increasingly apparent to many companies. The recent study conducted by Price Waterhouse showed that, despite the recession, companies consider databases as a tool more valuable than ever for marketers. The importance given by companies such systems is illustrated in Figure 1.
Currently, marketing databases can be used to facilitate a deeper understanding of the markets of their own position in these markets, as well as competitors’ activity by collecting and processing data in different ways.
Databases on customers and market forecasts can be compiled and analyzed so as to render a complete picture of relations between the organization and its customers. Integrated examination of this aggregated information can help a company to better understand their customers, to segment the mass of consumers and to better align the supply of goods or services to their requirements.
On a tactical level higher, given that the customers are becoming more sophisticated and more demanding, and interpersonal relations in marketing becomes an ever-increasing importance, the systems can be used to plan, to induce and monitor the effectiveness of campaigns communication with customers in order to become more personalized and relevant.
Advantages of using information systems for sales and marketing are often substantial. Advantages of using information technology materializes, usually two types of results: reducing costs and increasing sales / profitability. The golden rule is that databases for marketing and sales to help plan the marketing activity in a profitable manner, with minimized expenses. You can get some specific advantages such as increased understanding of customer requirements, by exploiting the marketing research course, some specialized databases.
Nobody can say that it has the best system for sales and marketing information; extremely diverse range of facilities and functions offered by different systems to make the purchase becomes a matter of individual choice. Many companies come to the conclusion that a single information system can not meet all financial needs. Among the main types of such systems that can be used two of particular importance:
• Database of current and potential customers
– History of the relationship
– Contacts, sales and orders
• Database Marketing
– Marketing data
– Information on competition
– Market research
These systems can be used in various business activities such as:
– Market analysis (segmentation, statistical analysis, modeling, information systems for general use, research and competition analysis);
– Information Management (eliminating duplication, reporting on data quality, data enrichment, shaping trends, updating information, the annotation results);
– Campaign management (defining parameters – audience, message, objects, media advertising, recording and analysis of results, definition and analysis of test samples, determination and analysis tasks and budgets, record progress and costs);
– Analysis and reporting of performance (product performance, performance market segments, marketing campaign performance, staff performance);
– Interfaces (internal systems – accounting, production, distribution, external systems – third-party providers and information brokers, information systems outside the company, access to information about remote users)
Dicţionar– Afişaţi dicţionarul detaliat